What Have You Bought Today?

Just received my focal upgrade speakers but have to wait till the weekend to hopefully fit them, also got a wireless phone charger from a scrap non vw for the rear of the van :thumbsup:

Not quite bought today as placed the order on Tuesday but a complete van lining kit from Kiravans has just been delivered, that will be my next few weekends sorted as I attempt to fit it all.

I've been looking for camping chairs for a while, that didn't take up a lot of room in the van. Ordered then yesterday, anyone else use this make of chair?

View attachment 193244
I've got a couple of these...I really like them. Fold up real small in a bag (which probably has 2 summers in it, tops ;) ) but the chairs are comfy. I even got the extendable leg rests for them...which I probably wouldn't bother with if I was ordering any more

Bought a 3 tonne bottle jack. Changing my OEM steel wheels with winter tyres for the Summer Devonports with the OEM jack gave me the willies!!
View attachment 194005

I want to add that the EOM jack was always a faff to put back. I have a shuttle with a plastic compartment to get it into, and this new smaller jack just slots in the compartment next to the other crap I keep in there!

Reactions: CAB
A little Orskey dash cam for the back window from Amazon. For £32 I can't believe the picture quality (1080p) and it seems to do what I want in that it will record anything going on behind me. I would rather have wired it to an ignition switched power source (which I haven't got at the moment!) but in the end decided not to over-complicate things and just ran the supplied power cable with the 12V plug on the end from the camera behind the cupboard to a socket in the leisure setup. I'm not sure how much power it will pull from the leisure battery at the moment so I just need to remember to plug the thing in when I'm using the van (and unplug it as well!). I'll get around to working out the power consumption at some point and then decide whether or not to hard wire it. As I say, having looked at the saved files, picture quality seems to be excellent but some aspects of it seem to be based on fairly old tech - the power cable plugs into a Mini USB socket on the camera and the video files are saved as AVI, neither of which I have seen for years. The lack of a wiper on the back might also be an issue when it's peeing down!
001.jpg002.jpg

A new awning. Our last one, an outdoor revolution with poles was a bit of a PITA, so we decided to go for a blow up one. Bought a Kampa Action VW air and some Dometic Sabreflex LED lighting for it. Hopefully I will get some of the cost back when I flog the old one.

Back