What Have You Bought Today?

Actually bought nothing for the van - non-van/house stuff instead :(

New Xbox controller after my existing one started to suffer from bad stick drift, which I tried to fix but F’d up, smashed the controller in a huff and had to buy a new one.

A Screwfix and Wickes order for impending DIY session after we have new radiators/pipe work and boiler installed next week - I’ve had to remove all the boxing-in in every room and need to redo it all again once they’ve finished :rolleyes:

...which I tried to fix but F’d up, smashed the controller in a huff and had to buy a new one.
:rofl: That sounds just like something I'd do!

A quick temper plus a loathing of inanimate objects that are unable to fulfil their purpose is often an explosive combo! :whistle:

:rofl: That sounds just like something I'd do!

A quick temper plus a loathing of inanimate objects that are unable to fulfil their purpose is often an explosive combo! :whistle:

You’ll notice a theme as I F’d up touching in a small scuff last week and this week I attempted to repair my Xbox controller but got so annoyed with the little screws that I smashed it to bits.

Zero patience, 50% skill and 50% have a go what’s the worst that can happen mentality - that usually ends up with something smashed and the need to buy a replacement :whistle:

You’ll notice a theme as I F’d up touching in a small scuff last week and this week I attempted to repair my Xbox controller but got so annoyed with the little screws that I smashed it to bits.

Zero patience, 50% skill and 50% have a go what’s the worst that can happen mentality - that usually ends up with something smashed and the need to buy a replacement :whistle:
I'd never do anything like that :whistle: :whistle: :rolleyes:

I'd noticed ;)

I still like the mentality of 50% that’s willing to give it a go!

Some more twinkly lights, 'cause @Dellmassive says they are needed at the next Forum meet @ Busfest..

View attachment 168206

& a USB powered fan 'cause the man from BBC weather suggests it may be hot this week camping in the van & @Dellmassive has 1...

View attachment 168207

lol . . .

Love those Meaco fans, they are well good.

rocking the full range in the living room right now. ( we took them to Devon last week - worked a treat )

1660022049872.png1660022069803.png

+++++++#

1660022343001.png

got some shiny new rims . . .

coz i liked @moomin-j and @Skyliner33 ones.

ill put them into storage for now as still rocking the Dutchys

( the tyres wont swap as different sizes and im skint now )

View attachment 168209

thank you @Skyliner33 for the help and advice about buying these.

Best OEM wheels for the Transporter I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more vans with them than Amaroks now.

Just watch those kerbs. Even with 255-45's the spokes are proud.

@Dellmassive do you mind me asking how much you paid please ? I put a few cheeky offers in that were rejected and I’d like to get an idea of current prices. Thanks
Sure, with advice from the forum the rims only go for £500-£800.(condition dependent)

More with tyres.... But the Amorok tyres don't fit, so need swapping.

Some already have the T6 tyre size fitted..... And again are more money.

In my case, they were listed at £850 with Amorok rubber.... I didn't want the faff swapping and selling tyres so I done a deal with the seller.... He removed the rubber, then I bought the alloys only. I paid £600 for four and they are A1 condition. (Then he had the faff of removing and selling the Amorok rubber)

You may see others listed with scuff or curb damage...this can be £50 a corner to fix so factor that into an your plans.

I suppose it depends how funny you are with your wheels..... Some people like immaculate rims.

I'm not so fussy . . .

Check out the state of my Dutchys..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ( #WorkVan )

Lol....

20220809_142422.jpg20220809_142351.jpg

Back