What Have You Bought Today?

A small DAB radio and blue tooth speaker with built in subwoofer. It’s rechargeable too. I like the retro look and will fit it the door pocket.
And a full reconditioned campingaz 907 bottle so I’ve always got a full spare one ready to fit when I run out.

Well im in the throws of becoming a t6.1 owner and driving down to Shrewsbury on Friday to finalise what I want in my coversion.
Bought an Isabella air X drive away awning in the black Friday sales, saying that I'm now thinking I should have checked on weight and size before I did, the box it has come in is huge and weighs a 24 kilos but saying that I'm opting to sort my own off grid system as I think it will be cheaper.
I've gone for a Renogy 3000 watt charger inverter (32 kilos) with 2 flexible renogy 200 watt solar panels which will just fit on my roof, a renogy Rover 40 amp mppt charger controller and expecting delivery of a 300 watt Fogstar Pro lithium (36 kilos) on Monday.
I'm glad I checked the statts as I was going to buy the fogstar 460 watt until I read the specs, about 50 kilos and 52 cm long and it only handles a maximum discharge of 200 watts, which not being technically minded I didn't understand so I've gone for a 300 watt drift Pro, 39 cm long, which does have a discharge rate of 300 Watts and can power my 3000 watt inverter upto 3500 wattts, just have to find a space to put them now. Going to have to ask them to put the leisure battery in the middle of the van as it ain't going to fit under the seat plus I'm going to need everything central to reduce cable run of thick cable.
Just hoping I havent jumped the gun but I'm sure as it's a new conversion they can sort something.
Think I'd better stop coming on here so often and being tempted to buy things after reading what other guys are upto.
Good job I'm single I guess otherwise I'd be in the divorce courts.
Anyway will post photos in March when I get my new Van thats if I havent weighed it down by then.
Hi, just wondering how you have been getting on with your Isabella drive away awning. We are in the market for a drive away and like the look of the Isabella, would value your thoughts on advantages and any if snags or let downs etc. Cheers!:thumbsup:

They look like an updated version of mine - I've had three of them for 20 odd years (small,medium and large all used depending on the circumstances and length of trip and all in black). They cost a few quid to buy but they've been all over the world with me and survived some seriously bad treatment and pretty harsh conditions. All have a few cosmetic scuffs and scrapes now but I reckon the bags look better for it and suspect they will outlast me. A big bonus its that they all covert to rucksacks with the supplied straps.

Last edited:
A really rather comfortable 'Timber Ridge' reclining camp chair. I've got a helinox copy camp chair which packs down to a tiny size for when space is really tight but wanted something better for when I've got some room.

1000007991.jpg
1000007990.jpg
1000007989.jpg
No probs with just one bike in the back, 2 might make things tighter but I'm sure I can find a space for it!

Had a £50 Amazon voucher from work thanks to my 5 year anniversary so only cost me £13, I'm trying to not spend money this month!! :rofl:

The timber ridge table also looks quite nice too...

Just had a look at these on AT, decent prices, £10-15k for a low mileage one. Mk4's are £15k+ so that's a good sign!

I still regret not buying an Audi S2 back in the mid 00's when they were £5k for an absolute minter. They're £20k+ now!

Bought an Outwell “Seahaven Comfort Station Single” toilet/shower tent from Grasshopper Leisure @ £99.00 + £5.95 p&p, which was the best price I could find.
It’s not often we need a toilet tent but our Kampa “Loo Loo” lasted only 3 holidays before both the fibreglass rods delaminated where they are forced to bend at the top. Fibreglass splinters are b*stards!! and we only just managed to get it to hold together on our last trip.
This one has steel poles and goes together more like a gazebo frame, which the tent then hangs from and clips to.
Quality appears to be good, but we will see after it’s been put up and taken down a few times.
The seperate roof cover has tinted “windows” which the stock photo doesn’t show.
Would have liked a Joolca single en-suite but the length of its packed down size was a bit awkward for us and the way we pack.

IMG_0968.jpeg

Back