I'm running 255/45/18 winters on my T30 amorak steels,and they drive really well,but only 103 rated.

@MrT6
@dwb
@Silverfox

You all appear to be using 255/45/18 tyres, (which is what I’d also need having a T32) but the wheels are only 7.5j. Have you had any issues with such a wide tyre on the narrow rim? All my research seems to imply a 235 max width?.

Any comments or close up photos appreciated. I really like these Amarok wheels but don’t want to band them!..

@MrT6
@dwb
@Silverfox

You all appear to be using 255/45/18 tyres, (which is what I’d also need having a T32) but the wheels are only 7.5j. Have you had any issues with such a wide tyre on the narrow rim? All my research seems to imply a 235 max width?.

Any comments or close up photos appreciated. I really like these Amarok wheels but don’t want to band them!..

Had no problems at all mate,as I said previously drive really well.
I think you'll find most people fit oversize tyres to wheels within reason,it probably looks worse when they're undersized
and tend to look stretched on the wheels.
Here's a couple of mine,

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply they look great!

What’s your suspension setup?

255/55? Have you done any speedo adjustment?
I like the sound of fitting 255/55 18's, they are a bit cheaper than 45's and should give a better ride (unless the 109 rating stiffens the sidewalls up too much)
Could you take a pic close up to see the gap to the arches?

I like the sound of fitting 255/55 18's, they are a bit cheaper than 45's and should give a better ride (unless the 109 rating stiffens the sidewalls up too much)
Sorry bud, they are 235s not 255s.
255s scrubbed the inner arches.
The van is working away at the moment until a week Monday so I'll get a close up then.
They look good though imo. If I had to guess I'd say 50mm from the tyre to body measured where you'd put a mudflap.

I had 255/55/18 on my T5 Vel with a 30mm drop (standard on a T5 Vel). VW Sportline wheels
It needed 25mm spacers all round to stop the rubbing on the wheel arch liner; a very big bump in road at speed, and it would just touch the liners, but it didn't damage the tyres at all, so really not a problem
I wouldn't go that big again, as the 7.5% up gearing was too much for me, from a general drivability point of view; and I was running 250bhp hybrid turbo on a 5cylinder 174.
It looked fab though imo

Last edited:
Fitted these 48 hrs ago and have asked various people their thoughts because I'm struggling with the look. I think I've gone to wide! 9" front 9.5" rear. I know it needs lowering but I think I need to go 8.5" and 9" any thoughts to massage my ego.
I have to say the wheels themselves are gorgeous and the quality outstanding

20190321_125607.jpg 20190321_125541.jpg 20190321_132656.jpg

Last edited:
Lowering will help to pull them in, I guess the question is how low are you planning to go?

Great colour btw

I'm not a bearer of good news....I went 9s on the front and they poked out to far and rubbed the arches and ended up purchasing 4 x 8.5 and making two sets up and then selling one of the sets on ...

Fitted these 48 hrs ago and have asked various people their thoughts because I'm struggling with the look. I think I've gone to wide! 9" front 9.5" rear. I know it needs lowering but I think I need to go 8.5" and 9" any thoughts to massage my ego.
I have to say the wheels themselves are gorgeous and the quality outstanding

View attachment 39425 View attachment 39427 View attachment 39429

I'm surprised you went 9" fronts, but I like it even though I'm bias.

I wasn't sure about the colour. Sometimes trying to be different with wheel colours doesn't work, and just looks like a DIY home job, but that works against the BlackBerry

Back