Upgrade Reversing light

Just had a delivery form Amazon with some reversing LEDS & LEDS for the Fogs, probably end up fitting them while I'm at work NYE to keep me amused.

Hello All, Had my T6 for almost 2 months now and am noticing that the reversing lights are absolutely shocking!! It was so bad tonight that I got my good lady to check the rear lights while I had reverse selected and incredibly there is only a nearside reversing light (not LED Tail Lights unfortunately). A quick Google trawl would seem to suggest that this is correct (and there are no warning indicators that a bulb is gone) although if you have barn doors apparently you get reversing lights on both sides (why!!???). I have a rear camera but that doesn't really help either, anyone have any thoughts/comments/possible solutions (other than I should have specced LED lights!!).

Just replace the reversing lamp for LED, there are a couple of threads on it.
Also, moved this thread into the correct area..

Thanks Loz, much obliged, will order today and apologies for posting in the wrong place. Does make you wonder why only one reversing light though?? Am I correct in thinking that barn doors get reversing lights on both sides?? New California due in 3 weeks time, counting down the hours!!!!

Most, new vehicles especially VAG have pants reversing lamps the Amarok was exactly the same.
The OEM camera and LED lamps with reverse lights both sides (these are not LED) are a bit better but it doesn't help.
I've got one of these Redtronic Night Angel Scene Light - EM655 on the rear and either side so I'm I'm laughing but they are not too subtle and far from most peoples taste.
@mhill Did you connect this directly into the reversing light feed? Any issues? I am thinking of fitting to the underside of rear bumper. Cheers

Good morning good people of the Internet.
Do any of you feel that the reverse light on the T6 doesn't cut the mustard?
I think it's nowhere near bright enough and can barely see what I'm reversing into!
Have any of you done any modifications to rectify this?
I'd be interested to know as I'd like to do something to sort it.
I changed the original reversing bulb to a LED and added a small LED work light under the bumper. Dead easy and lights the whole rear view up a treat.

IMG_5622.JPG

Hi Guys, I have the standard rear tailgate lights which I've decided are shit, especially reversing at night with just the one piddley light! what are my options? Are there better units out there? would prefer to have reversing lights on both sides.
Pics if you have them ;)

When I bought a T6, I was very surprised that it only had one reversing light and one red fog light - especially as I am sure the T5 had both, on both sides. I am planning to buy a kit from the Forum shop if I can get help fitting it. In the mean time, here is a link to a thread from last year [1]. I hope that other members can bring its details up to date.

[1] Rear led's

Transporter HQ supplied my rear lights.
Full LED, and very bright LED reversing lights. These also have the bonus of sequential indicators, better/brighter rear side lights, and look OEM from the outside. They are available for LED and None LED T6's

20181028_164545.jpg

20181028_164557.jpg

Last edited:
can you tell by this pic what rears i have?.i want to order a set from thq myself...i didnt spec led headlights.

IMG_20181029_140132.jpg

You used to be able to spec the LED's separately, front and rear, they also worked out cheaper doing it like this?????

Back