Retrofit T6 LED tail-lights

Berger

T6 Pro
Hi I've brought some led rear lights from eBay I've read on here that I'll need to do some extra wiring for both sides to work, is there a link to how to do it and are they just plug n play otherwise?

The connector plugs are different and existing has five wires in each plug but you need six each side to activate the additional rev/fog light that the LEDs have

Hi guys seen on a few sites LED rears supplied with a plug and play harness to retrofit but it says only trendlines and startlines.

Can they not be fitted to Highlines easy? I would like to upgrade my standard set to the LEDS on my Highline.

Thanks

Yeah they fit exactly the same, strange advert missing the model out.

Hi Everyone
I have purchased some genuine led rear lights
Does anybody know where you can purchased the leads from?
I know travelinlite sell them but there sold with the rear lights
Any help would be grateful

Many thanks
Daniel

You don't really need them. You can get new plugs from here

Then de pin your existing plugs and fit them in to your new connectors.

Loads of info here

Hello again people
I’ve just swapped the passenger side rear light
Could anyone tell me the layout of the rear lights

from the old one to the new ones what light set up is it

like on my old ones the indicators are at the top but on the new ones they are at the bottom?

many thanks

The picture below is mypin layout but on the thread it says it’s this below

LH light

Old pos. colour. Function. New pos.

1 Black red brake light 6
2 Black white indicator new 3
3 Brown. earth 4
4 grey black side lights new 1
5 green:black reverse light 5
6 not used (fog light)
*If you connect pin 2 on the new plug to pin2 right hand light, the fog light would work on both sides.

Rh light

1 black red brake 1
2 black green indicator 4
3 brown earth 3
4 grey red side light. 6
5 green black reverse 5
6 Grey white Fog light 2

5762EFDA-7F90-453F-86C3-B3F9E8834326.jpeg

as per @Deaky above,

and more info here:

If you find no one on here has the crimps, you can try this eBay vendor:
mshugaev-2008 on eBay

Any decent motor-factor / battery shop / auto-electrician would then be able to crimp them to a cable for you.

Hi all
Today I've swapped with the help of the a new plug from Pauly my THQ rear led lights to VW T6 led light (origional).

Car is a factory halogen car but has THQ headlights and previous owner through davtec had coding done so it didn't put the warning light on.

I thought and have read that the OEM tail lights although LED don't need coding? They are all pinned correctly and all illuminate fine, error on carista says control circuit parking light right, never had the light on before so must be due to the change of lights, it clears when you turn it off but comes back on between 5 and 10 seconds after driving, carista won't clear it.

Any ideas or does it need coding?

Cheers and any help appreciated.

Screenshot_20230128_122643_Carista.jpg

Just some more info on it.

Just tried all variations of lighting etc and the bulb comes on after switching on the ignition if the lights are in auto or are on, if they are on O the lights doesnt come on, I can press brake revers indicate etc and no bulb out light, as soon as the lights come on whether by auto or straight to side or headlights it comes on so guessing it doesn't like the LED part of the lights.

Is this codable?

I had the bulb warning after installing OEM LED rear lights - same as you in that everything was fine except when sidelights were on. I could not disable the bulb warning with Carista either, but VCDS can code this out.

A bit of background - I had previously changed my H4 headlamps to OEM H7s and installed LED position lamps at the front with no problems. After installing the LED rears I tripped the same bulb warning issue that you have described.

I found that front position lamps and tail lamps share a common circuit; not sure if possible with your headlamps, though in my case just changing out the W5W LED from one of the front position lamps for a halogen original resulted in sufficient current draw to avoid the problem. Once that was known I was able to rule-out any problems with my new LED rear lights and then get the error disabled with VCDS.

Just some more info on it.

Just tried all variations of lighting etc and the bulb comes on after switching on the ignition if the lights are in auto or are on, if they are on O the lights doesnt come on, I can press brake revers indicate etc and no bulb out light, as soon as the lights come on whether by auto or straight to side or headlights it comes on so guessing it doesn't like the LED part of the lights.

Is this codable?
Exactly the same as mine, I just ignore the warning light.

Back