Upgrade Reversing light

1up

Good morning good people of the Internet.
Do any of you feel that the reverse light on the T6 doesn't cut the mustard?
I think it's nowhere near bright enough and can barely see what I'm reversing into!
Have any of you done any modifications to rectify this?
I'd be interested to know as I'd like to do something to sort it.

Yep it's rubbish. I keep my foot on the brake pedal to keep the brake lights on.
It could do with a led under thebumper
I haven't got a camera yet but it's on my list so I was hoping that works in the dark. I have a manual so could do with three legs.

Reactions: 1up
Agreed its not the best, only having the light on one side doesnt help, i added a rear camera and upgraded my rear lights to LED which have reverse (and fog) lights on both sides

Reactions: 1up
Agreed its not the best, only having the light on one side doesnt help, i added a rear camera and upgraded my rear lights to LED which have reverse (and fog) lights on both sides
Ooh I like the sound of that, where did you get the upgrades from thankyouplease?

We can supply any bits you are after via the forum shop
LED tail lights are £480 delivered inc vat complete with full instructions - https://www.t6forum.com/marketplace...e-models-upgrade-kit-smoked-tinted-lenses.19/
Rear camera kit is £280 delivered inc vat
Both parts require coding with VCDS after installation
Cheers for the heads-up, can anyone recommend someone that can do the vcds thingy in the Bath area please?
I need to get my rear speaker upgrade front/Rear fade jobby sorted too.
Thanks for all your replies BTW. :-D

Most, new vehicles especially VAG have pants reversing lamps the Amarok was exactly the same.
The OEM camera and LED lamps with reverse lights both sides (these are not LED) are a bit better but it doesn't help.
I've got one of these Redtronic Night Angel Scene Light - EM655 on the rear and either side so I'm I'm laughing but they are not too subtle and far from most peoples taste.

When I get around to fitting a towbar I am hoping to take a feed from that and hang a light under it.

Had no problems with mine so far. Beeps all round and good vision from the camera night and day so far.

Last edited:
Sorry, I equally don't find an issue with this as I have both the LED tail lights plus the OEM camera.

Back