Trolley Jack -

My van's lowered so I'll need a low profile jack.
Would prefer a bottle jack but does anyone know how much lift it needs to get the wheels off the ground?

My van's lowered so I'll need a low profile jack.
Would prefer a bottle jack but does anyone know how much lift it needs to get the wheels off the ground?

prob about 8 inches or more to overcome the suspension before the Tyre lifts off the ground.

look at 2.15min here for the rear.

Have a T6 that’s been lowered around 65-70mm and has side bars fitted.
Can anybody tell me before I waste my money, am I likely to get a trolley jack in under to remove the wheels as I want to paint the calipers?

You can get low entry trolley jacks. I have a normal height 2 tonne Arcan (Costco) jack that has to be lifted a fair bit to touch the jacking point but only 40mm lowered. The head is quite big so the jacking point on the van fits inside it! Its 10cm high when fully lowered. I have non OEM trapezoid side bars too and the jack fits around them easily.

I had the jack before I got the van. If I was buying now I’d go for a 3 tonne.

Not sure thats any help :)

Ian

You can get low entry trolley jacks. I have a normal height 2 tonne Arcan (Costco) jack that has to be lifted a fair bit to touch the jacking point but only 40mm lowered. The head is quite big so the jacking point on the van fits inside it! Its 10cm high when fully lowered. I have non OEM trapezoid side bars too and the jack fits around them easily.

I had the jack before I got the van. If I was buying now I’d go for a 3 tonne.

Not sure thats any help :)

Ian
Thanks Ian that’s a great help

as above . . . get a LOW Profile trolley jack

1614360698871.png

the other option - if its low . . .

is to get RAMPS for the front, drive up them to get some height for your jack . . : ParkerBrand 2.5 Ton Low Profile Trolley Garage Jack: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

1614360836204.png

have a look here i show the Low Trolley jack and Ramps: ( in the vids )

Have a T6 that’s been lowered around 65-70mm and has side bars fitted.
Can anybody tell me before I waste my money, am I likely to get a trolley jack in under to remove the wheels as I want to paint the calipers?
I’m lowered a similar amount and, like @Dellmassive and @In a state recommend, went for a Halfords low-profile jack. Works fine.

I use this one ,only 19kg. Easy to move aroundView attachment 112050
Personally I’d avoid aluminium jacks as aluminium is prone to fatigue. I’m sure it’s CE approved and comes with a Certificate of Conformity etc.
‘Racing’??? Well if racing teams do use them they probably scrap them and buy new before it’s 5 year recertification is due.
Home users won’t be doing annual inspections or 5 year re-certification.

Anyone think this one would be alright for the van? Was thinking of having something like this just stay in the van permanently.
I've had a few jacks off SGS including two of these and highly recommend them. This goes under my very low Audi and has good lift height. The jack is heavier than the cheaper jacks available that have a carrying case the only problem is the profile in the plastic doesn't quite fit the handle and you have to push it into the plastic to close the case.

You really need a 3T SWL jack, I know the figures don’t make sense but you’ll realise it’s true if you use a 2T SWL

You really need a 3T SWL jack, I know the figures don’t make sense but you’ll realise it’s true if you use a 2T SWL
The SGS jack he has asked about is far more substantial than the cheap 2T portable jacks and will lift 2 Ton no problem.

The purpose of carrying a portable trolley jack is to lift a corner to change a wheel. This jack is quite capable of lifting the whole rear off the ground. It is quite large for a portable jack.

sgs jack.jpg

sgs jack2.jpg

sgs jack3.jpg

The SGS jack he has asked about is far more substantial than the cheap 2T portable jacks and will lift 2 Ton no problem.

The purpose of carrying a portable trolley jack is to lift a corner to change a wheel. This jack is quite capable of lifting the whole rear off the ground. It is quite large for a portable jack.
Thanks for this, been thinking about having to use the pathetic VW one at the roadside so just ordered one to keep in the van. Another visit to the forum, another purchase..a pattern is beginning to form here!

View attachment 112078

View attachment 112079

View attachment 112080
This looks good and quite keen to get one. Will it go much higher than what you've shown in the picture?

Do you guys think this jack is suitable for my T32 day van?

Looking at the kerb weight of a T32. It appears ok??

T6T323200kg1896 – 2136kg

2-5TonneJack.JPG

Do you guys think this jack is suitable for my T32 day van?

Looking at the kerb weight of a T32. It appears ok??

T6T323200kg1896 – 2136kg

View attachment 136764
Yep that'll be fine

Back