Front Sportline Splitter To Woc Splitter - How I Done It -

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Front Sportline Splitter to WOC splitter - How I Done It -

Front Ends and the overall look and feel of your van is a very personal thing . . . . . And the front splitter is a hot topic.

When we looked into getting the van built, stock Sportline body kit was a no brainer . . . . . . just look how amazing it looks.

89.jpg

well thats what i thought . . . . . . . untill the van arrived!

sitting there in the VW dealership getting ready for delivery . . . . . something just didn't look right?

1 (2).jpg

We took pictures, a few videos, a few more pictures........ and kept on looking at it.

The more i looked at it, the more i wasn't sure . . . . .but just carried on for now.

20180517_142149.jpg

We kept looking back at the flyer, then at the van and back again . . . . . it just didn't look the same.

For some reason in my minds eye it looked different . . . . and i wasn't sure i liked it.

It would appear that the color of the van made a massive impact on how the Factory splitter looked, and in my case i just wast happy with it.

Looking over the forum, other people had the same splitter and it was looking awesome . . . on black, grey, red and even white. But in silver i just wasn't feeling it.

so it had to go . . . . .

Now removing it was easier than i thought it would be . . . . . .

20180611_112944.jpg

( Thats not me BTW, thats the guy that helped me take the splitter off)

there was the 2 number plate screws,

2 screws on each wheel arch . . . .

and 4 screws with a small plastic bracket on the underside lower valance . . . .

Then, there was my nemesis . . . . the Skillaflex.

20180611_112844.jpg

But even that worked out to be no problem. . . .

we used a plastic scaper (a credit card) first to remove the bulk of it, it was kind of like chewey toffy and quite tuff.

Next we tried all sorts of chemicals in the van to get the remaining bits off . . . . .

in the end, good old "brake cleaner" and WD40 with some clean wash-rags and a fair bit of elbow grease got the job done . . . .

I just low brake clean =] its amazing stuff.

So . . . Now that was done - what to replace it with?

As always T6Forum had the answer, looking through various threads and other options and colour options i decided that the World-Of-Carbon Splitter was the one for me . . .

VW T6 CARBON FIBRE FRONT SPLITTER
PRODUCT INFORMATION
Carbon Fibre Front Splitter to fit the VW T6 Transporter
Price: £183.33
Plus VAT @ 20% (within UK and Europe only)

VW T6 Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

It took about a week to arrive . . and it looked great.

Fitting was a simple job if your handy with a drill or two.

We used plastic clamps to get it lined up perfectly, front to back, side to side . . . .

20180618_171821.jpg

next was to drill out the silver lower plastic valance to accept the supplied nuts and bolts using the existing holes in the new splitter as a guide. We done one at a time from the center outwards and continually checking the fitment. Also checking behind the lower plastic as there was wire loom and other bits that we didnt want to damage with the drill.

Now my engineering head said . . . "there should be washers on this" . . . so i added my own 6mm penny washer on both sides. (to help spread the load and stop the thing snapping off)

20180618_175012.jpg

Now with all the bolts and washer fitted . . . . how did it look?

well in my opinion . . . fantastic. i was immediately much happier with the look and feel.

The first challenge was getting the van off the ramps . . . . but with about 5mm clearance it was tight, but ok.

So this was the final result:

20180619_103051.jpg

The only problem then was the bumper towing eye cover . . . . . because the Factory splitter had its own cover. So the original one had been binned. =[

Back over to the T6Forum had the answer with some very helpful members offering the part numbers for me to get one from Pauly or Ebay. Plus a can of spray paint to match. (they come just with grey primer)

In the end job done and very happy with the result.

Time to remove existing splitter - 1 hour

Time to fit new splitter - 1 hour

Time to fit tow cover - 5mins to spray, over night, then 5mins to fit.

Heres a quick YT vid i done at the time with a quick look around:

Thats my story and "How I Done It"

Now take a look over that the T6F thread for more great stuff :

Best Front End!

many thanks to:

@Pauly

@Deaky

@Tourershine

More info over here > Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Last edited:
theres not one good solution for the t6 front end imo, they all look too much like the bat mobile, not everyone wants plastic sticking out everywhere , t5 has much better subtle lines down there !

Just for Balance and measure, here is a pic of our previous T5.1 with the sportline front end.

95.jpg

Great thread, gave me the confidence to take my Sportline spoiler off today so big thanks @Dellmassive !

Considerably less Silkaflex on mine than yours. Oxford Marshall VW fitted it. Also used four different types of bolts on the bottom, bloody cowboys!

Don't suppose you'd share the part number for the towing eye cover would you?

Just noticed this thread. I had the same problem. Silver van with factory sport line bumper. Looks like the thing round the bottom of a dodgem car so took it off.
Having seen this I’ve just bought one of these splitters and also the carbon rear bumper protector.
Thanks @Dellmassive for spending my money.

Just noticed this thread. I had the same problem. Silver van with factory sport line bumper. Looks like the thing round the bottom of a dodgem car so took it off.
Having seen this I’ve just bought one of these splitters and also the carbon rear bumper protector.
Thanks @Dellmassive for spending my money.

your welcome.

Now come join the VIP club : VIP Membership

whats next on your spend list?

have a look here for more ideas:

My van is fitted with the Sportline spoiler and I can’t make my mind up whether I like it or not.
From most angles I think it looks great, it’s just when you look at it from dead straight ahead that it doesn’t look right, it’s just far too wide.
I keep looking at the LV spoiler in the picture below. :cool:

ED176CFA-657B-47DB-889A-073F2243E743.png

My van is fitted with the Sportline spoiler and I can’t make my mind up whether I like it or not.
From most angles I think it looks great, it’s just when you look at it from dead straight ahead that it doesn’t look right, it’s just far too wide.
I keep looking at the LV spoiler in the picture below. :cool:

View attachment 86917
That’s not the same sportline as mine and Dellmassive’s. Yours looks pretty smart. I’d have gone for one of those if I’d known about its existence.

your welcome.

Now come join the VIP club : VIP Membership

whats next on your spend list?

have a look here for more ideas:

Van is in at the moment having its pop top fitted. So that’s a big spend.
Just about to buy some trapezoid side bars.
Then all I need is furniture.
I’m looking at trying to fit my own pleated blinds to the rear of a ply trim panel then clip the whole thing in covering the panel and window in one, rather than using the van pods, which I don’t like.
If it works I’ll put some pics up.

That’s not the same sportline as mine and Dellmassive’s. Yours looks pretty smart. I’d have gone for one of those if I’d known about its existence.

I think you’ve got your wires crossed Sid.
My van has a Sportline bumper.

AA83FBDA-CB66-43C2-8EB1-B935FE5E6FBD.jpeg

The picture that I posted is the Leighton Vans LV splitter which I prefer. :thumbsup:

I'm bringing up an old thread here as I've recently bought a Sportline and I'm not a fan of the lower bumper / splitter and I'd like to remove it. Looking at the pics above, it looks like the Sportline lower section is just screwed/glued over a standard bumper - is this correct? @Dellmassive

I'm bringing up an old thread here as I've recently bought a Sportline and I'm not a fan of the lower bumper / splitter and I'd like to remove it. Looking at the pics above, it looks like the Sportline lower section is just screwed/glued over a standard bumper - is this correct? @Dellmassive
there’s no way I’d be removing a sportsline front skirt from a real sportsline.

It's cool, I've realised the Sportline lower half is just glued and screwed on so going to remove it and replace as Dellmassive has done

Back