What's The Best Portable Jack?

Don't forget that even if your jack doesn't fit under the car at first there's always a chance that you can pump some air into the tyre so that there's enough room. Obviously, that does depend on the nature of the punctures though.

@mik1ee. By collapse, do you mean actually collapsed (ie. failed) or 'just' toppled over? If the former, have you got a picture - if so, I'd be sending it to VW for a comment. Personally, I took one look at mine when I first got the van and vowed that it would only ever be used in an extreme emergency.
The threaded rod bent and then the whole thing got jammed underneath the van. Had to use a trolley jack to retrieve it! No pics.

The threaded rod bent and then the whole thing got jammed underneath the van. Had to use a trolley jack to retrieve it! No pics.
Similar thing happened with my transit custom one, the bit with the circular hole.in it that you attached the handle to 'melted' when I was jacking up ... Maybe the new customporter / transcustom will be better! :oops::oops:

Ouch! Yes, I think you can safely call that a collapse.

Back