Think I’ve been missold by main dealer

That’s odd - a check on that index shows it to be a 110PS, but as you’ve said, you asked for and were told you were sold a 150PS.
Barry Abbott is clearly a clown.
How did you find the BHP from the reg? The checks I tried just show: VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T30 HIGHLINE TDI

How did you find the BHP from the reg? The checks I tried just show: VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T30 HIGHLINE TDI
If you put the reg number of any vehicle into Total Car Check (on Google), you will get lots of info, usually including BHP.

If you don't want a 110 5 speed then the most logical answer is to send it back for a refund or check if they have a 150 6 speed that they could supply in exchange.
If you can live with the 5 speed then a remap is a possibility to take it to 150 but I would be seeking a decent discount from the dealer before deciding.
The 5 speed box is a bit fussy when it comes to re-maps, apparently.

Have you checked the VIN number on the invoice against the van? If the dealer had/has several new vans there could've been a clerical error and the plates put on the wrong one.

I have a remapped 110 to 150 5 speed manual version and as suggested you won’t be happy with the higher revs / noise as much as a 6 speed … I wish I had bought the 6sp manual …

Reactions: CAB
Return it for a full refund or negotiate a discount based on it being a 110bhp and not 150bhp as advertised (assuming you are happy with the lower power and 1 less gear)

Reactions: CAB
Just bought a 6.1 T30 150bhp highline Transporter pre reg from a main dealer (this one deal in Nissans but have a VW branch elsewhere) and had it delivered.
I asked repeatedly it was a 150bhp as insurance seems to expect it to be 110bhp.
When it arrived it had 5 gears which I thought was strange and I double checked again. The dealers assured me it was a 150bhp van. I just assumed I hadn’t double checked the advert about the gears and VW did a 150bhp 5 gear variant.
Google says otherwise and so I believe I have a 110bhp and have been missold. What can I expect to be the solution? I was looking for 150bhp and had dismissed other vans for this as I plan to keep the van 10years and convert to a camper.
The order form, advert and invoice all state 150bhp van.
I’ve had the van 5days and driven it 5miles to see how it was. I’ve emailed the dealer and waiting for a response.
Speak to @Pauly by PM, he will be able to supply you with the full specification of the vehicle as it left the Hanover factory. Your selling dealer will not be able to argue with that!

They’ve agreed to collect and refund. I hope they do. Have sourced another vehicle. Trouble is I lost £150 to insure it for the week. (Cancellation charge). I will try and recoup that but small price I guess to get correct van.
Isn’t there a cooling off period where you cancel without cost, or just admin fees? £150 for a week is extortionate. I’d question that with them.

On a lighter note (for me), i ordered my last van a T5.1 as a 102ps. It was in their compound for a few days but the day before i was to collect it, they realised that they had ordered a 140ps 6 speed in error. I got a grovelling call from them, asking if i could "help them out with the cost difference " (£1800). I wasn't able to help, unfortunately..

On a lighter note (for me), i ordered my last van a T5.1 as a 102ps. It was in their compound for a few days but the day before i was to collect it, they realised that they had ordered a 140ps 6 speed in error. I got a grovelling call from them, asking if i could "help them out with the cost difference " (£1800). I wasn't able to help, unfortunately..
You’re obviously not a Yorkshire man, otherwise you’d have screwed the dealer for a contribution towards your increased insurance costs due to their error :whistle:

They’ve agreed to collect and refund. I hope they do. Have sourced another vehicle. Trouble is I lost £150 to insure it for the week. (Cancellation charge). I will try and recoup that but small price I guess to get correct van.
Wouldn’t it have been easier to keep the insurance in place and just swap the reg number when the new vehicle arrived?

Back