Are Main Dealers Trying It on?

I've just had mine into VW Liverpool for the first time under the all in warranty. Extended scope service and MOT. Not a single advisory or repair required.
Well happy considering it's just turned 6.
Can't fault the guys at Liverpool.
I think it needs a treat for that. Anyone selling some nice wheels close by? :think smile bounce:

> Just because it's under warranty you don't need to use the main dealers.

No but goodwill is a two way street when it comes to things in the grey zone of warranties.

I'm not saying stick with a dealer you are not happy with, but if you are under warranty a dealer you have a history with is more likely to consider goodwill.

Why you tied in?? Just because it's under warranty you don't need to use the main dealers.
My issues go back some time. Think it would have been more tortuous had it not been a main dealer plus, in fairness, some works have been done under VW goodwill

then again repair costs could be as low as half elsewhere

a local Indy wanted circa £450 for water pump and timing belt, not genuine but OEM quality parts. Paid same with main dealer, genuine parts but with 50% goodwill

> Just because it's under warranty you don't need to use the main dealers.

No but goodwill is a two way street when it comes to things in the grey zone of warranties.

I'm not saying stick with a dealer you are not happy with, but if you are under warranty a dealer you have a history with is more likely to consider goodwill.

My issues go back some time. Think it would have been more tortuous had it not been a main dealer plus, in fairness, some works have been done under VW goodwill

then again repair costs could be as low as half elsewhere

a local Indy wanted circa £450 for water pump and timing belt, not genuine but OEM quality parts. Paid same with main dealer, genuine parts but with 50% goodwill
Yeah, for goodwill reasons it can be a good idea

I'd love to know if anybody has actually got authorisation from VW for a non franchise repair?
I know when I claimed for a DMF last year (not VW, through Bristol Street Motors) they wanted my indy to send in video proof while it was sat up on his ramp then he had to wait for them to get back to him. He wasn't impressed at all.

Back