Think I’ve been missold by main dealer

Just bought a 6.1 T30 150bhp highline Transporter pre reg from a main dealer (this one deal in Nissans but have a VW branch elsewhere) and had it delivered.
I asked repeatedly it was a 150bhp as insurance seems to expect it to be 110bhp.
When it arrived it had 5 gears which I thought was strange and I double checked again. The dealers assured me it was a 150bhp van. I just assumed I hadn’t double checked the advert about the gears and VW did a 150bhp 5 gear variant.
Google says otherwise and so I believe I have a 110bhp and have been missold. What can I expect to be the solution? I was looking for 150bhp and had dismissed other vans for this as I plan to keep the van 10years and convert to a camper.
The order form, advert and invoice all state 150bhp van.
I’ve had the van 5days and driven it 5miles to see how it was. I’ve emailed the dealer and waiting for a response.

Can you show us a photo of the build sticker under the steering column (or in the handbook). That will state definitively what was built.

Pete

Can you show us a photo of the build sticker under the steering column (or in the handbook). That will state definitively what was built.

Pete
Cannot find but have photo of something in german with zillions of numbers on it about my van

I like the van but obviously I was deliberately searching for what I thought I had found. I’ve booked the conversion people and don’t want to go forward till this sorted. Whatever sorted is.

That’s not the build label, it looks more like some sort of certificate of conformity.
From what I can see if does suggest you have a 110bhp model.

The build label should be stuck inside the first few pages of the manual.

Pete

There is no build stickers. Searched everywhere and not in manual. So if it’s 110bhp. What can I do about it? I was searching for t30 150bhp+ model and had discounted others for being 110.

Here are a few quotes from owners of 110PS vans.. as you’re converting it, it will be a heavy old girl - I imagine you won’t want to take her round the Nurburgring (unless you’re driving it back to the factory to swap it)

My old T5 was a 102 ps and 5 speed. Had it for 13 years.
I originally remapped it to 140 and it drove fine.
Sat on the motorway at 80mm fine.
I once drove from Rochester in Kent to Holland then Belgium and got home and still had a weeks fuel left in it as it was so good on fuel.
The engine will be the same in both vans it’s just the gearbox will be different.
Good luck in whatever you choose :thumbsup:

I have a 21 plate 110bhp 5 speed box T28 Campervan . The 5th gear is very motorway/dual carriage way oriented in my opinion you spend more time in 3rd or 4th in normal driving particularly rolling roads with bends 5th is just too long. Torque isn’t dramatic either but sufficient enough though long climbs loaded require use of low gears earlier than other vehicles I have driven.

Round town and local A roads it’s ok but to get the best it needs the lower gears working which makes it a bit revvier. It goes along well and smooth enough . Economy is fine imo eg 460 miles this weekend to Devon A roads, urban and motorway for half of it used just over 3/4 tank.

I think if I had the choice between a manual 110bhp 5 speed and 150bhp 6 speed (price being equal) I would go for the 150 mostly because I would like a little more torque and better gear range , but if the 110 was in better nick I wouldn’t have an issue having one again, though in your case £2k more and year newer might sway it also especially with a cheeky offer ?. All being said we have discussed a remap between us to give it a bit of peppiness across the range, currently undecided as its been fine so far if honest we just cruise along at 65-70 on motorway which it’s fine with.
Personally I’d tell the dealer you’ve been missold and see when they can get a replacement 150PS in otherwise you’ll give them the key back and go elsewhere. There’s plenty about, it’s a buyers market this time of year.

Vans for sale | T6Forum.com

Talk to the dealer face-to-face.

I guess you either reject it, or ask for a significant discount. Only you can decide which route you want to go.

Pete

Reactions: Bav
There is no build stickers. Searched everywhere and not in manual. So if it’s 110bhp. What can I do about it? I was searching for t30 150bhp+ model and had discounted others for being 110.
Return it, as you said you were told it was a 150. Hopefully you have an email or hard copy reference.

If you don't want a 110 5 speed then the most logical answer is to send it back for a refund or check if they have a 150 6 speed that they could supply in exchange.
If you can live with the 5 speed then a remap is a possibility to take it to 150 but I would be seeking a decent discount from the dealer before deciding.

Yes, they have mis-labelled the van, and haven’t cross-checked it to the build documentation.

Pete

Back