T6.1 new order delays

So another delay today, estimated build date Sept now :(. Ordered Aug 22. According to VW the delay now is Tyre pressure monitors and power folding mirrors.

Crikey. That soon eh? My 204 DSG LWB 4Motion has just come off the production line and is expected to arrive later this month. It was ordered in June 2021.
That’s not long at all ! You’ve done well to get one that quick . I ordered July 22 and not heard a thing.
That’s not long at all ! You’ve done well to get one that quick . I ordered July 22 and not heard a thing.
Better wind my neck in then and hope I see it this side of Christmas :)

I ended up ordering a California Ocean last week and they seem to be coming through in 3-5 months with a lot of the same parts that people are waiting on for their panel vans. Anyone know why?

I ended up ordering a California Ocean last week and they seem to be coming through in 3-5 months with a lot of the same parts that people are waiting on for their panel vans. Anyone know why?
That won't be a factory order - it will be an van/bus that a dealer has had on order for ages and their customer has just said 'no thanks' and then they've offered it to you ;)

Order book for the Transporter closed a while ago see this post for more detail:- VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?

That won't be a factory order - it will be an van/bus that a dealer has had on order for ages and their customer has just said 'no thanks' and then they've offered it to you ;)

Order book for the Transporter closed a while ago see this post for more detail:- VW closes T6.1 order book today (3/3/23) !!!! - T7 Next? or T8?
Nope it’s a brand new factory order, I configured it myself last week and went via DTD. If you go on the configurator now you can still spec up a Cali to your heart’s content, it’s the only T6.1 you can still order.

For how much longer we will see, they just closed a promo on them including free insurance, servicing and MOTs which I figured was to clear the remaining build slots. Just seems odd that the same parts seem to be available when ordering a Cali rather than a panel van/kombi.

Last edited:
Nope it’s a brand new factory order, I configured it myself last week and went via DTD. If you go on the configurator now you can still spec up a Cali to your heart’s content, it’s the only T6.1 you can still order.

For how much longer we will see, they just closed a promo on them including free insurance, servicing and MOTs which I figured was to clear the remaining build slots. Just seems odd that the same parts seem to be available when ordering a Cali rather than a panel van/kombi.
How weird! I thought it was a blanket Transporter order book closure!! Sorry for the misinfo!

How weird! I thought it was a blanket Transporter order book closure!! Sorry for the misinfo!
I think the order book was closed for PVs and kombis (and maybe 'velles and shuttles?) but not Calis.

Back