T6.1 new order delays

Casual1874

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Ordered the new van that was due on or before the 1st of September , now been told it’s been put back to an ETA of the 1st of October.
Apparently it’s built but because of the back log due to COVID it’s stuck in Germany apparently.
Anyone else having problems with delivery and ETA of their vans ?
I sold my T5 on Friday to a good friend who’s now in Weymouth on his Holidays, only found out on the Thursday of the new ETA of the T6.1.244BA9A3-8CF4-4706-8634-B2210F52F8F3.png

Saw three on a transporter in Telford, Shropshire today, two panel vans and a Kombi.

Maybe one was on its way to Bodans they are only twelve miles from where I saw the transporter!

Last edited:
I ordered a Caravelle in early March and it still hasn’t been built! It’s been stuck in status 20 (in production) for a month now.
Sorry to hear this, and now understanding about delays , oh well I can still fit a bag of shopping on the scooter !

Ordered the new van that was due on or before the 1st of September , now been told it’s been put back to an ETA of the 1st of October.
Apparently it’s built but because of the back log due to COVID it’s stuck in Germany apparently.
Anyone else having problems with delivery and ETA of their vans ?
I sold my T5 on Friday to a good friend who’s now in Weymouth on his Holidays, only found out on the Thursday of the new ETA of the T6.1.View attachment 81780
Anyone wants their van picked up in Germany I will quite happily do it for the price of a ferry ticket, part of my generous nature and nothing to do with the fact that I can buy a bottle of whisky for 7 euros

Yes there has been a massive back log of vans at the ports. Vans we had built in March we only received recently. They stopped the ships bringing them over which had caused a massive backlog - I’d thought this had been caught up now.

Yes there has been a massive back log of vans at the ports. Vans we had built in March we only received recently. They stopped the ships bringing them over which had caused a massive backlog - I’d thought this had been caught up now.
Thanks , that explains it then, ETA 1st of October now but hope it’s earlier.

Latest from VW CS today regarding my Caravelle order: It is showing as confirmed to go into build back in July but, has recently changed over to the Model Year 2021 spec so, a new build week will need to be assigned to it.

Back to square one again! :mad:

I’ve just found out mines now at the dealers on Wednesday 26th. Bearing in mind the new 70plate on 1st September what’s the likelihood they will rush it through on a 20plate? I cannot contact dealer as bought through a 3rd party.

I’ve just found out mines now at the dealers on Wednesday 26th. Bearing in mind the new 70plate on 1st September what’s the likelihood they will rush it through on a 20plate? I cannot contact dealer as bought through a 3rd party.

You would hope they haven't done that, but I did have to argue with my dealer until they agreed to hold it until next week

I wish I hadn't found this post!

Ordered my t6.1 5 weeks ago, and haven't heard from the dealer since! So I don't even have an estimated delivery yet. I'm not holding out much hope I'll get it this year! Best be worth the wait!!

Back