T6.1 new order delays

Hi all, sorry to hi-jack a long running post but I have been absent for a while after selling our T6 Cali. Ordered a Kombi in July 2021 and it arrived last week. I drove it home from the dealers 230 miles and parked it on the drive which is where it has remained.
The issue is I was made redundant at the end of February and have been looking for a job but have not had any luck, My car allowance was going to pay the monthly payments but no job means I cant justify keeping it.
Its a T30 SWB 204 DSG Kombi Highline in pure grey with loads of extras, I speced it for converting into a day van to pull our caravan, so we could have the best of both, but would also make a great camper.
Just thought I would put it out there.
I'm going to upgrade to VIP membership and write out a full spec then post up soon.
Gutted really after waiting all this time, and missing out on two years of payments due to the delays, but in this messed up world there's always someone worse off me thinks.

If anyone's interested watch out for the advert in the for sale section as soon as I manage to upgrade and write out the advert.
ATB.
Job hunting can be demoralising and stressful, so I wish you luck in finding your next job mate. Hopefully this happens soon and allows you to keep your van and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

If it was a panel van with LED's & difflock, I would be driving to your house right now.

Best of luck with the job search. Worth mentioning what you do - all sorts of folk on here....

(Dare I say it, I'd imagine Leighton would snatch this off you in a heartbeat - They're hoovering up Kombi's currently)

Hi all, sorry to hi-jack a long running post but I have been absent for a while after selling our T6 Cali. Ordered a Kombi in July 2021 and it arrived last week. I drove it home from the dealers 230 miles and parked it on the drive which is where it has remained.
The issue is I was made redundant at the end of February and have been looking for a job but have not had any luck, My car allowance was going to pay the monthly payments but no job means I cant justify keeping it.
Its a T30 SWB 204 DSG Kombi Highline in pure grey with loads of extras, I speced it for converting into a day van to pull our caravan, so we could have the best of both, but would also make a great camper.
Just thought I would put it out there.
I'm going to upgrade to VIP membership and write out a full spec then post up soon.
Gutted really after waiting all this time, and missing out on two years of payments due to the delays, but in this messed up world there's always someone worse off me thinks.

If anyone's interested watch out for the advert in the for sale section as soon as I manage to upgrade and write out the advert.
ATB.
So sorry to hear that Mitch. Like everyone here, I hope you manage to get a new job soon and you don’t need to sell your Kombi. If you really do need to bale out, as there’s a shortage of new clean base vehicles to convert, I‘d really suggest you speak to some of the reputable converters. Sooner rather than later ideally. Don’t mention that you need to sell it though or you’ll probably get screwed on price. Don’t accept any low ball or dodgy sounding private offers either. Stay cool. It won’t take long to shift it. Good luck on the job hunting front.

Little update, been talking to the dealer and they had a SWB Kombi on order that was going in to their stock so I’m going to take that one instead. It’s not totally ideal, it’s a T32 so will need to get the suspension looked at, it doesn’t have LED lights so I’ll need to pay a visit to THQ and it has a heated bench-seat in the front where I’d have preferred two captain seats. But overall I think it should still save me a fair bit over getting the LWB panel van converted to a kombi.
Hi mate, I had a T32 Kombi. Had it lowered on springs and its firm but fine. A bit loud but guess most are. Also have the THQ front and rear LED's and they are spot on. :)

Does anyone know how long it takes roughly to go from build week to delivery
I believe it’s usually 4-6 weeks for a regular panel van. A lot seems to depend on the sailing dates and availability of spaces on vehicle transport ship from Emden to a UK port. I understand VW uses KLine ships.

Hi guys,
A little info for you, I ordered a Black Edition Kombi back in June 2021, I spoke to the dealer last Friday and he informed me that it was at the port in Germany waiting to be shipped to the UK and then onto the Sportline factory for 10 weeks. So looking forward to receiving it
Only problem is I got fed of waiting and bought a cancelled order Ravenna Blue Sportline Kombi last October ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi guys,
A little info for you, I ordered a Black Edition Kombi back in June 2021, I spoke to the dealer last Friday and he informed me that it was at the port in Germany waiting to be shipped to the UK and then onto the Sportline factory for 10 weeks. So looking forward to receiving it
Only problem is I got fed of waiting and bought a cancelled order Ravenna Blue Sportline Kombi last October ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10 weeks to convert to a Sportline

Hi guys,
You’re probably quids in either way. Pick which you want to keep and sell the other.

Mine took 3 weeks from arriving in the uk then back to dealer. They couldn’t believe it so as usual it’s pot luck

I just heard, My van delivery had moved from March to May and now to July. No reason given so I guess I just have to live with it (or without it for now).

I just heard, My van delivery had moved from March to May and now to July. No reason given so I guess I just have to live with it (or without it for now).
Tbh I wouldn’t read much into it until it’s status 20 (confirmed build week). Mine went all over the place and ended up being delivered at about 12 months as they predicted when ordered. Others have waited much longer but the predicted build dates seem to jump all over until it’s confirmed.

VW Dealer update today

They've informed my t32 kombi is showing build Jan 2024,dealer arrival April 2024 all un confirmed,ordered approx July 2021.
I will be honest & say the excitement of getting it has now wavered, I'm sure when & if it actually arrives,that will change.

Back