T6.1 new order delays

I've got a kom
I’ve been using a new SUV since waiting and honestly been a builder I’ve destroyed it! I realise the kombi is in my DNA after 40 years of driving them my babies took a lot of hard work without blinking .. on site I’ve never understood the grubby subbies with pickups ?
Totally lucky you have your van and hey who really needs a car !
It's a kombi I'm waiting for. I may turn t6 into a camper then

Woo hoo. I just heard the good news that finally, my LWB 4Motion Transporter has just been delivered to Derby. It now awaits being converted into a campervan.

For the record, I waited 1 year, 10 months and 26 days from placing my order, and it took 6 weeks from leaving the factory in Hanover to arrive at the dealer in the UK. Keep the faith folks. Your van will be coming soon.

Woo hoo. I just heard the good news that finally, my LWB 4Motion Transporter has just been delivered to Derby. It now awaits being converted into a campervan.

For the record, I waited 1 year, 10 months and 26 days from placing my order, and it took 6 weeks from leaving the factory in Hanover to arrive at the dealer in the UK. Keep the faith folks. Your van will be coming soon.
What week was your build date

What week was your build date
I've had several:
Week #49/2021, Week #4/2022, Week #12/2022, Week #29/2022, Week #28/2022, Week #36/2022, Week #39/2022, Week #17/2023 and then Week #13/2023 (when it finally went down the production line).

Does anyone know what position 5 is on the build. Mine has be stuck there from build week 15
I understand Status 05 means they have your order in the system whilst Status 10 means your order is correct and an estimated (but not confirmed) build date given. Order Status 20 is the holy grail. It means a production slot for your order has actually been confirmed and VW will be telling their suppliers to deliver the required components for your van. As many of us have experienced, until then, the order status is just a number on a screen.

I understand Status 05 means they have your order in the system whilst Status 10 means your order is correct and an estimated (but not confirmed) build date given. Order Status 20 is the holy grail. It means a production slot for your order has actually been confirmed and VW will be telling their suppliers to deliver the required components for your van. As many of us have experienced, until then, the order status is just a number on a screen.
It was at status 20 went down the production line
week 15 but it is stuck on position 5 on the assembly line from then to now. Where ever position 5 is on the assembly line I don’t know

It was at status 20 went down the production line
week 15 but it is stuck on position 5 on the assembly line from then to now. Where ever position 5 is on the assembly line I don’t know
If you've had confimation it's gone down the line then it might be part completed and awaiting a component, it could be completed and awaiting transport to Emden, or it could be parked up at Emden waiting for a space on the next transport ship.

According to the latest KLine shipping schedule (attached), there was a ship departing today bound for Sheerness or there's another ship on Saturday bound for Grimsby. Hopefully, you'll be lucky and it's on one of those. :cool:

Attachments

• HHSchedule.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 15
Picked up a cancelled order for a T6.1 204PS DSG Kombi and signed on the line today. The original order was put through in December, so the wait begins….

I ended up ordering a California Ocean last week and they seem to be coming through in 3-5 months with a lot of the same parts that people are waiting on for their panel vans. Anyone know why?
I ordered the Cali on the 27th of April this year and it’s already at status 20 with a confirmed build date of week 24 (12th of June). Should have it late July/early August… crazy fast compared to panels and kombis, feel for all of you that have been waiting ages

I ordered the Cali on the 27th of April this year and it’s already at status 20 with a confirmed build date of week 24 (12th of June). Should have it late July/early August… crazy fast compared to panels and kombis, feel for all of you that have been waiting ages
That was quick. I ordered a sportline kombi on the 17 th September 2021

That was quick. I ordered a sportline kombi on the 17 th September 2021
When I was waiting for my kombi, I got the definite impression that Cali orders were given priority. My assumption was/is that this was due VW having a greater margin on a Cali. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I was waiting for my kombi, I got the definite impression that Cali orders were given priority. My assumption was/is that this was due VW having a greater margin on a Cali. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I thought the cali was built on a different assembly line than the panel van and kombi

I thought the cali was built on a different assembly line than the panel van and kombi
Sort of. As far as I understand (from a VW Hannover production engineer) Calis are finished in the Hannover-Limmer plant and have been since 2004 when manufacturing was brought in house (Californias were previously built by Westfalia until Daimler Chrysler bought them). However, the California starts with a standard base panel van (to California base spec) made on the same line as other Transporters in the main plant in Stöcken in North West Hannover.

These partially complete vans are sent by truck from the main factory to the ‘California Fertigung’, a small production facility in the Western suburb of Limmer. There they are hand-fitted with California customisation features, both inside and out, including the pop-top roof.

Completed Californias intended for the UK are shipped back to the main factory by truck where, after documentation and final checks, they are sent by train to Emden to be shipped to a UK port (either Sheerness or Grimsby) by a KLine ship.

Back