Ordered a PV, Kombi came through..

Millsi

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read this post!

Basically, I decided to order a Transporter T6.1 Sportline Black Edition Panel Van back in September 2021.
I knew there would be a bit of a wait, but I confirmed my order via email ( since my nearest dealer is 100 miles away ).
Confirmation of the vehicle description / make /model /edition and a firm price ( which included at the time a contribution of £1200 from VW ) was
sent back to me via email. Deal was done!

Six weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be in the location of the dealership and decided to pay them a visit. They inspected my
T6, confirmed that my order had been built and was awaiting shipment from Germany. I was also informed that the vehicle would spend at least
six weeks in the UK for the Sportline Mods to be added. All great so far!

I contacted the dealership this week to see if they had any updates for me? It took them half a day to find my order - they kept asking me to confirm my details.
Eventually, they confirmed that the vehicle was in the UK being altered and that they would give me a ten day window for collection.

By the end of the day however, they called me again with the news that my order of 21 months was indeed a Sportline Black Edition Kombi. How can this happen?

So in short, my current vehicle is worth 1K less, the £1200 VW contribution doesn't exist anymore and the cost of the vehicle including the vat ( Which I am unable to reclaim )
is another 8K

I didn't really want a Kombi, but feel I have no choice, other than to take ownership of the vehicle. A replacement Black Edition van would almost be impossible to source and
I am reluctant to wait any longer. My current van was seven in March!
What would you do in my position??

Millsi

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Have read similar stories on here of price/spec changes so sadly nothing new. Prepare for a battle.

Just how much do you want to change vans?
If the order is not fit for purpose, I would be seeking compensation or a really good discount (if you are ok with a kombi).

It seems at the minute there are a lot of vans with cancelled orders and VW are not selling as quickly as they are letting on, so maybe you could find a panel van in the system or sat waiting and get the sportline mods done at no extra cost for the hassle??
Seek every option, but remember you are the customer and you are spending your hard earned. It’s a sad situation at the moment seems very common in a lot of industries especially since covid. Almost everything we have had whilst doing our house up has been wrong or just not what we ordered.

Good luck

Back