T6.1 new order delays

Been really useful reading through all the comments. We ordered a vw westfalia with a T6 body via a uk dealer in July 21 and still have no van. Have been told that the hold up is VW. We were told it would be build ready end of Feb but have not heard anything so feeling that is unlikely!!
It sounds like your order has been subject to an exceptional and excessive delay. I always thought that Westfalia sales in the UK went through Campersales in Burgess Hill who would order them from Westfalia Mobil, Germany who sourced the base vans directly from Volkswagen, and then convert them in the Westfalia factory in Gotha. It may be worth checking when the actual order was placed with VW if you can. My suspicion is that someone at Westfalia has screwed up.

FYI, I ordered a LWB T6.1 Transporter T32 Highline 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG 4MOTION PV in Late June 2021 through Hillside Leisure in Derby. It was built in the last week of April 2023 and arrived at the dealer (JCT600 Volkswagen Sheffield) in late May. It was then converted by Hillside and I finally took delivery in the last week of July last year. My order status fluctuated from 00 to 10 several times throughout 2021, 2022 and the early 2023. I was never advised that it had moved to status 20, only at the beginning of the last week of April was I told that the order was at status 30 and that it had been built and was waiting at the factory to be shipped which after almost two years of waiting was quite a surprise. It sat there for 2 weeks until it was delivered to Emden and finally loaded on a ship to the UK.

Hope you get some good news soon.

We ordered it from Wandahome in Hull, a Westfalia dealer. You are right with the process and agree something has screwed up along the way. We were told last October that the vw base vehicle was on its way to the westfalia factory but then told that was incorrect!! 4 months later and still no definite date. Must be soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Found this to see if anyone else has had the same problems as us ! Been waiting for 2 years 8 months this month for a westfalia Kepler one!
o_O That's a long old wait, even by the standards of this thread. Did you find out what your build status is?

BTW, I think Scruffy was just expressing surprise that there are still extensive delays - the thread is still open for anyone to post if they want/need to.

Back