I'm not a huge fan of these wheels on that bus. I've seen them in the flesh, both in the boxes and now on the van and they don't work for me. I said to Andy that he wouldn't keep them on long or at least them in that colour.
That 6.1 is probably my favourite build to date and I think it suits the Weller steels better in my opinion, and that's not just my steel love because I don't actually think the Weller steels are that nice. It's more the fact it's a full on hardcore commercial, and these styles seem to work better on wide assed commercial wheels, preferably a banded stock Volkswagen steel.

Those BBS on the THQ are a bit marmite.. I love the look of them but on mine and that price it’s not for me. I know what you mean about the steels look on that van.

Hi Plese be kind I have never bought alloys before.
I am awaiting my T32 lwb panel van. I understand the load rating has to be above 860kg.
I have been looking at the 19 amorak cantera alloys. I can’t see the load rating and when I asked was just told they will be suitable. Is this true? Will they be a direct fit? Is there anything else I require to fit or is there a specific set up required? Like spacers etc? What tyres would you recommed? It will be loaded all the time.
Your advice will be appreciated.

Hi Plese be kind I have never bought alloys before.
I am awaiting my T32 lwb panel van. I understand the load rating has to be above 860kg.
I have been looking at the 19 amorak cantera alloys. I can’t see the load rating and when I asked was just told they will be suitable. Is this true? Will they be a direct fit? Is there anything else I require to fit or is there a specific set up required? Like spacers etc? What tyres would you recommed? It will be loaded all the time.
Your advice will be appreciated.
Hi,

welcome to the world of wheels!

the Amarok cantera alloys will be perfect for a T32. They are fully weight rated. I can’t remember the exact rating for the cantera but I know it’s plenty as that Amarok is heavy!! They also bolt straight on.

you may want to use spacers 25/30mm on the rear is the norm. You can run them without it’s purely a aesthetic thing.

Tyres... have you had your van lowered? This will matter! To be within the manufacturers spec you’ll want a 255/45 104 but that’s massive. You can get a 245/45 which is very close at 102 rated, 255/40 100. All this is for information purpose only. It’s up to you what you run in line with the law and insurance. Personally I don’t run any of those. :think smile bounce:

As said by @Jayjmac above, though i'm not sure i'd get 30mm spacers on mine. These are running 245/40/19 with 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear. Amaroks do ideally need to be spaced out because they tuck too far under the arch for my taste.
These Amaroks are only a temporary wheel whist my new banded steels are being built, but they seem to work quite well on mine, even in Black, it's just not really my bag.

20201210_153310.jpg

As said by @Jayjmac above, though i'm not sure i'd get 30mm spacers on mine. These are running 245/40/19 with 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear. Amaroks do ideally need to be spaced out because they tuck too far under the arch for my taste.
These Amaroks are only a temporary wheel whist my new banded steels are being built, but they seem to work quite well on mine, even in Black, it's just not really my bag.

View attachment 94676
I didn’t want to put 245/40 19.. you know what the load rating police are like! There would be all sorts of crying involved. I run a 235/40 on mine. I’ve had the van weighed twice and well within weight limits.
Although never personally ran a 30mm spacer I’ve seen a few on here run them, I think. I recently ran a 25mm on the rear as it tucked with the camber and a 5mm on the front as it was rubbing on the inside.

seeing your van on these makes me want to keep my cantera. Love that all black look on yours!

Hi,

welcome to the world of wheels!

the Amarok cantera alloys will be perfect for a T32. They are fully weight rated. I can’t remember the exact rating for the cantera but I know it’s plenty as that Amarok is heavy!! They also bolt straight on.

you may want to use spacers 25/30mm on the rear is the norm. You can run them without it’s purely a aesthetic thing.

Tyres... have you had your van lowered? This will matter! To be within the manufacturers spec you’ll want a 255/45 104 but that’s massive. You can get a 245/45 which is very close at 102 rated, 255/40 100. All this is for information purpose only. It’s up to you what you run in line with the law and insurance. Personally I don’t run any of those. :think smile bounce:
Thanks very helpful. The vans not lowered and don’t want rubbing. Are you supposed to let the insurance know about alloy changes?

I didn’t want to put 245/40 19.. you know what the load rating police are like! There would be all sorts of crying involved. I run a 235/40 on mine. I’ve had the van weighed twice and well within weight limits.
Although never personally ran a 30mm spacer I’ve seen a few on here run them, I think. I recently ran a 25mm on the rear as it tucked with the camber and a 5mm on the front as it was rubbing on the inside.

seeing your van on these makes me want to keep my cantera. Love that all black look on yours!

Load rating police :slow rofl:I like that. I think it's fine to put your own sizes down, even if they are under rated, because people will make their own choices and do their own research on load ratings, after all, we have quite a banded community on here and they aren't exactly load rated. Plus if you pop up a picture and it looks good, you will only get asked what tyre sizes you are running anyway. Obviously for research purposes.

I've done the Black on Black three times now, and I want to love it, but nothing quite compares to the stark contrast between a full Black van and stunning bright Chrome steels. It's a combination that just works and shows off the wheel perfectly.

Saying all that, I have just pre-ordered some Matte Black 20" alloys that aren't available until way into next year, but they are to be kept under wraps until the summer.

View attachment 94676
Thanks.
Do they rub at all? Do the spacers make a difference or is it just to pull the wheel out inline with arch? Abd if you add a spacer I take it the bolts have to be longer? What’s the ride like?
Tewenty Questions

Load rating police :slow rofl:I like that. I think it's fine to put your own sizes down, even if they are under rated, because people will make their own choices and do their own research on load ratings, after all, we have quite a banded community on here and they aren't exactly load rated. Plus if you pop up a picture and it looks good, you will only get asked what tyre sizes you are running anyway. Obviously for research purposes.

I've don't the Black on Black three times now, and I want to love it, but nothing quite compares to the stark contrast between a full Black van and stunning bright Chrome steels. It's a combination that just works and shows off the wheel perfectly.

Saying all that, I have just pre-ordered some Matte Black 20" alloys that aren't available until way into next year, but they are to be kept under wraps until the summer.
Yours would look lovely with a set of chrome RRs.. just saying.

Thanks.
Do they rub at all? Do the spacers make a difference or is it just to pull the wheel out inline with arch? Abd if you add a spacer I take it the bolts have to be longer? What’s the ride like?
Tewenty Questions

Nothing I ever fit rubs, or I would just remove it or modify it, so no rubbing here Sir.
Spacers pull the wheel out towards the arch more and yes you will need the matching bolts.
The ride on 40s isn't very nice when you are as low as me, so i prefer 45s with a stretch. Cool look and comfortable, or as comfortable as you can be at my height.

And @Jayjmac i've done the Chrome RRs to death now.

Thanks.
Tewenty Questions
They won’t run if you aren’t lowered. Purely just to pull the wheel out for the look. You would need new bolts for the spacers. 20mm spacer will need 20mm extra thread etc etc.. alloys won’t really change the ride in my opinion it’s the tyres that will make the difference. More side wall more comfort less side wall less comfort. Bigger wheels need lower profiles...

They won’t run if you aren’t lowered. Purely just to pull the wheel out for the look. You would need new bolts for the spacers. 20mm spacer will need 20mm extra thread etc etc.. alloys won’t really change the ride in my opinion it’s the tyres that will make the difference. More side wall more comfort less side wall less comfort. Bigger wheels need lower profiles...
Thanks guys.

Back