Yeah, I'm sure they are perfectly safe, for whatever reason ABT didn't test that sized tyre on the DR19 rims so it isn't approved by them.

Folks, just in case anyone ever has their eye on any Vossen wheels, like the utterly gorgeous CVTs, I just had an email back from them today saying that all their 5x120 wheels are rated at 815kg. Bugger... :(
this must have changed now i have been on to vossen and there 20"wheels are the only one that will be ok for the t32 some of there 20" wheels go to 1000kg rating vfs2 are 900kg its one of the wheels i was asking about

Wow, well I've royally fecked up trying to find load rated tyres for my bus, I assumed I'd be able to go from a 245/45/19 to a 255/50/19 without any issues. :geek:

So £630 later I have a lovely set of 107 load rated Pirelli Verde all-season tyres fitted... that rub. :eek:

I thought the easy fix would be to get my garage to raise the B14's a little, only to discover the B14's are already at the top and there's no adjustment left. :mad:

I should have gone for the 255/45/19, although ABT said they hadn't tested this sized tyre on their rims so it wasn't TUV approved and therefore they couldn't endorse that size.

Back to the garage on Monday to see if we can find exactly where the tyres are rubbing and if there's anything we can do to try and stop the rubbing and keep these tyres.

Wow, well I've royally fecked up trying to find load rated tyres for my bus, I assumed I'd be able to go from a 245/45/19 to a 255/50/19 without any issues. :geek:

So £630 later I have a lovely set of 107 load rated Pirelli Verde all-season tyres fitted... that rub. :eek:

I thought the easy fix would be to get my garage to raise the B14's a little, only to discover the B14's are already at the top and there's no adjustment left. :mad:

I should have gone for the 255/45/19, although ABT said they hadn't tested this sized tyre on their rims so it wasn't TUV approved and therefore they couldn't endorse that size.

Back to the garage on Monday to see if we can find exactly where the tyres are rubbing and if there's anything we can do to try and stop the rubbing and keep these tyres.

thats not so good hope you get it sorted out easy

What made you make such a big jump is size? Winter tyres I'm assuming.
Where do they rub? As you know, i'm 19" too, but B14 on lowest, and I've tried bigger tyres than that without any rubbing.

What made you make such a big jump is size? Winter tyres I'm assuming.
Where do they rub? As you know, i'm 19" too, but B14 on lowest, and I've tried bigger tyres than that without any rubbing.

Yeah winter tyres, and lack of 103 rated tyres in the original size. I'll find out in about an hour where they rub, hopefully there's a way around it.

Long story short, there's no adjustment possible to stop the new tyres from rubbing and the old tyres aren't load rated so the wheels are being returned to my converter for a credit.

What a palava. :rolleyes:

Long story short, there's no adjustment possible to stop the new tyres from rubbing and the old tyres aren't load rated so the wheels are being returned to my converter for a credit.

What a palava. :rolleyes:

Time to bite the bullet and give in to some Banded bad boys I think.

@Insert Coin ....just read your whole story. Nightmare :eek:

Glad I didn't go rushing into B14's now. My wheel and tyre size set-up was right from the start and I didn't fancy the hard job of changing and finding rims / tyres to work with B14's on a T32 ... as, like you say, even on max height, it would still be slightly lower than my -40mm springs.

So you've got to start choosing all over again now the rims have gone back ??

T311r.jpg 2018-11-05 15.38.54.jpg
@Insert Coin ....just read your whole story. Nightmare :eek:

Glad I didn't go rushing into B14's now. My wheel and tyre size set-up was right from the start and I didn't fancy the hard job of changing and finding rims / tyres to work with B14's on a T32 ... as, like you say, even on max height, it would still be slightly lower than my -40mm springs.

So you've got to start choosing all over again now the rims have gone back ??

I'm stunned that Richter Sport/Van Worx/Leighton are all punting out T32's with 102 tyres and claiming it's ok because nobody has had an issue yet.

So yes, back to the drawing board, I'm going for a set of Judd T311R with 275/40/20 106 rated Goodyear winter tyres.

A few snaps to show where they were rubbing, hopefully prevent anybody else from having this issue in future.

2018-11-05 14.35.25.jpg 2018-11-05 14.35.22.jpg 2018-11-05 14.35.17.jpg 2018-11-05 14.35.12.jpg 2018-11-05 14.34.55.jpg 2018-11-05 14.34.43.jpg 2018-11-05 14.34.35.jpg 2018-11-05 14.34.31.jpg

Back