Stop/start Doing Your Head In? Disabling It - How We Done It -

Just ask them mate, theres a few different ways of doing it so its highly likely they will have a solution
Okay, that's brill, thanks @Pauly I'll ask them! :)

Loving the new wagon! I'll get some pics up once the guys at Remapping The Way have put my few bits on her!

So I just realised I can't disable stop/start with Carista, if I manage via a different OBD system will it flag up permanent dash or MFD alerts by doing so ?

Wow, just read this entire thread and decided the fitting of one of these units it beyond my capabilities lol - would love to have one fitted but my electrical knowledge and soldering etc is just not up to the job!

Anyone in the Newcastle Upon Tyne Area willing to help out for a few beer tokens?

dubber36 that looks great but has it the same functionality as the other version on this thread - it’s all very confusing especially in pigeon English :(

For me it’s about as annoying as pushing the button on the kettle in the morning.
If pushing a button winds you up there maybe other forces at play.
I think the fact its designed as a LHD vehicle means the switch is in a super awkward position away for driver makes it a bit of a pain imho

So after taking the plunge I bought one of these (what a waste of £18.41 that was) and after waiting 3 weeks it eventually arrived.

Fitted in 5 mins (the only good thing about it) and tried to get it to work - after pressing the button as requested, switching the vehicle on and off and driving it did not make any difference at all to what was set on the button i.e. if the light was on the start stop was off and visa-versa.

I carefully followed each step of the instructions with my partner telling me what to do and in the time frame suggested but after 2 hours of effing about I gave up and now have a short piece of wires and some connectors on either end that do nadda, nothing, zilch, etc etc.

So after taking the plunge I bought one of these (what a waste of £18.41 that was) and after waiting 3 weeks it eventually arrived.

Fitted in 5 mins (the only good thing about it) and tried to get it to work - after pressing the button as requested, switching the vehicle on and off and driving it did not make any difference at all to what was set on the button i.e. if the light was on the start stop was off and visa-versa.

I carefully followed each step of the instructions with my partner telling me what to do and in the time frame suggested but after 2 hours of effing about I gave up and now have a short piece of wires and some connectors on either end that do nadda, nothing, zilch, etc etc.
I drove my van to bus fest on Friday and a few holdups on the way and my stop start didn’t operate once and the same on my return home.

Which mode were you trying to program memory, off or serving mode, I programmed the middle one. Off mode and it’s working fine.

John.

I drove my van to bus fest on Friday and a few holdups on the way and my stop start didn’t operate once and the same on my return home.

Which mode were you trying to program memory, off or serving mode, I programmed the middle one. Off mode and it’s working fine.

John.
Hi John

I am just trying to get the system to do as it says i.e. with the switch light on, wait for over 3s then press the switch 3x consecutively so the switch light goes off and then wait until the switch light comes on - it doesn't come on!

Regardless of what I do, I can't get it to do anything other than match the switch light and when I drive it the auto start/stop works as it should - its like all I have done is make the wires longer that go to the switch!

If you have a factory fitted auxiliary battery under the seat or a third battery in the back (Cali), they won’t charge with the battery manager (61) disconnected.
Only a nearly 2 yr delay from me, but thanks.
I don’t have any of those to worry about, but I put it back to keep stop/start active not long after I posted originally. I really like it now. If I’m approaching a tricky junction then I just reach across and turn it off. It’s very rare though, and I live in a really densely populated and congested city. I like how stop/start tells me my systems are operating correctly.

So does this part memorise that it's turned off whenever I turn the engine on?

I have stop/start error on dash just trying to eliminate this issue.
The one I bought from ebay which I beleive is similar and similar price remembers it. So mine is always off.

Back