What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I have a obd eleven and have been looking for the info to use to disable start stop on a t6.1 but haven't managed to find any.. this might be the option I have been looking for..

2 questions please
1. apart from the reason given in the product narrative above about serious traffic jams, why would we disable auto stop start?
2. how much was the cable, have you got a link to it @Rioja John ?

2 questions please
1. apart from the reason given in the product narrative above about serious traffic jams, why would we disable auto stop start?
I am of an age that if you pulled up to a set of lights or a junction and the engine stopped, you had stalled the vehicle.. I don't think that has ever left me..
It has been put on vehicles for emmission reducing. To meet figures needed to sell vehicles..
However it actually makes you use more fuel...

Did you try and program the modes in it?
Yes I’ve given it a go and shortly I’ll take the van out for a spin and I will get back to you all.
2 questions please

• Automatic start / stop of start / stop treasure default closermemory mode For VW Multivan transporterT5 T6 T6.1
  • Automatic start / stop of start / stop treasure default closermemory mode For VW Multivan transporterT5 T6 T6.1

Automatic start / stop of start / stop treasure default closermemory mode For VW Multivan transporterT5 T6 T6.1​

1 Review8 orders

£11.74
£20.97
-44%
£2.59 off Orders over £3.46
Get coupons

Color Name: 6 pins
  • 6 pins
  • 10 pins
Quantity:
Additional 7% off (4 Pieces or more)
36 pieces at most per customer

Ships toCity of Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Shipping: £3.60
Estimated delivery on Sep 13
1CN01CWU3qh1RzOz3tnAET_!!6000000002182-2-tps-48-48.png 15-day delivery on orders over £8.72
From China to United Kingdom via AliExpress Standard Shipping
On-time guarantee

Also it said delivery would be 13 Sept but it was delivered by 13th Aug from China.
John.

I have the Start Stop function on my 2017 T6. It has the 7 speeds auto box. My brake pedal has two settings. Light touch to hold the van, leaving the engine on. Heavy foot results in the engine turning off. I can't see why I personally would want to disable the Start Stop, though I do have a button for it.

No, it was on order. Built first week feb 21. Registered march 21.
Mine is a 150 manual and was built end Feb. I recall some of the changes that Rattlehead mentioned kicked in around Jan/Feb 21 around emissions, so could be that (I remember as it became the latest reason at the time around delays to orders) If it’s not that, can only assume it’s engine or gearbox related.

If none of that answers it, we may just have to chalk it up as yet another of the bizarre VW build anomalies that never really gets a complete answer.

I am of an age that if you pulled up to a set of lights or a junction and the engine stopped, you had stalled the vehicle.. I don't think that has ever left me..
It has been put on vehicles for emmission reducing. To meet figures needed to sell vehicles..
However it actually makes you use more fuel...

Not to mention all the extra unnecessary wear and tear on the battery and starter motor.
And let's be honest, does it actually save you a noticeable amount of fuel?

Last edited:
I’ve finally sorted how it works and it’s cancelled the stop start for my T6.1.
I didn’t understand the instructions at first and I programmed all the info given but it did not cancel the stop start, but here goes I’ve tried to show how to programm it and when done every time you turn the ignition on the stop start cancel light comes on.

3C7DB9EA-8A6C-4729-8A87-2F3BFD362EBC.jpeg

As soon as ignition is turned on you get this.

9AEC2458-0BC2-4937-B7D9-76612473F8DF.jpeg
I hope you can understand what I’ve written.
Also all this is thanks to @dubber36 posting on another thread.

John.

Last edited:
I have had an old small piece of plywood with 12v touch to switch on/off lights in my Shuttle for a few months. Now I finally bought some stretch carpet I have been able to line it and hide the wires. Might do one for the other side now too. It's not silver but a lot better than bare ply. Plus it's non permanent so I can take the van back to standard without too much cosmetic change when I eventually change the van.

IMG_20220820_151323.jpg

Any tips? I want to install a diesel heater, and had considered ramps but none of the 3 tonne ramps look sturdy enough. So considered a jack and axle stands from Halfords, but after reading your post wonder if it might be better to go back to ramps?
Any tips on how to do it?
4 x Ramps - drive on fronts Jack up rears and put ramps backwards - loads of room to work and get a jack under the tank to drop it - or (apparently) tee into the diesel return for the feed! Have and get autoterm good heater and good service! Have fun!

My 6.1 never displays more than 5500 miles after its been filled.
How do you know it’s filled if you don’t know how big the tank is? I only ask as I have a panic attack every time I fill the tank with all the horror stories about the problems overfilling causes so I barely dare to put 10 litres in!

I have the Start Stop function on my 2017 T6. It has the 7 speeds auto box. My brake pedal has two settings. Light touch to hold the van, leaving the engine on. Heavy foot results in the engine turning off. I can't see why I personally would want to disable the Start Stop, though I do have a button for it.
We all have a button for it, and we can all control it with lighter pressure on the brake pedal, but the vans do so many other things automatically for us, why not having this being turned off be one of them too?

It tell
How do you know it’s filled if you don’t know how big the tank is? I only ask as I have a panic attack every time I fill the tank with all the horror stories about the problems overfilling causes so I barely dare to put 10 litres in!
It tells me a max and min amount to put in.

Last edited:
Back