Stop/start Doing Your Head In? Disabling It - How We Done It -

I removed my memory device (free to a good home if anyone wants it..) and just incorporated that button into my ghost code.

That’s a great idea, I think I’m going to do the same, thanks.

I just unplugged the connection next to the battery going to the negative terminal.
Any reason why I should plug it back in?

Stop/Start doesn't function now, and I've not noticed any negative effects.
Am I missing something?

When I did that it caused issues with the night heater and electric tailgate

Oh, I don't have either of those, but it does suggest that cable is not exclusive to the stop/start.

I wonder if I could just re-pole the switch on the dash so it is off as a default, but then push to re engage. That would suit me better. But nothing is that simple otherwise others would have done it already.

It’s not a switch as such, just a pulse creator that tells the ecu it has been pressed, a push to make button.

Shame they are sold out on eBay atm.

here is the main site . . .

T6 install pics

I bought it on Ebay directly from China. It is simple off delay timer.
Once received I connected its relay volt free contacts to the START/STOP switch contacts and also connected ignition supply to the board power and trigger terminals.
Timer setting is approximately 1 second.
Result is that every time you switch ON ignition, START/STOP system goes to OFF
and if you wish, you can reactivate START/ STOP system by pressing the original dashboard switch.

Robert your solution is very interesting. Could you provide us a wiring diagram or explain as in more detail how the wires are connected?
I just purchased the module and i will be able to test it in the near future.

In my opinion the memory module is overpriced. That's why i am trying to complete this project with the timer delay relay.

Sure for someone who doesn't want to mess with any cabling etc. it's a good solution. Although there are some better modules in aliexpress which are plug and play. You just plug the module between buttons and car cable.

Sure for someone who doesn't want to mess with any cabling etc. it's a good solution. Although there are some better modules in aliexpress which are plug and play. You just plug the module between buttons and car cable.
Could you send an example link?

Do you have a link for this trickery

Back