Stop/start Doing Your Head In? Disabling It - How We Done It -

@Robert do you have the scheme of your installation and the name(o link) of this component? TIA
Hi tommo I asked the same 1-2 months ago but it seems that Robert isn't a visitor here anymore. After some testing I figured out how the button work. You will need to short the 2 cables providing 2V to the switch. So you connect the 12V voltage to the cigarette light and then you connect the 2 wires going to the switch to the com line and the NC line. So when the car powers on the relay shorts the start stop button and so its off.

Sorry guys I wasn't ignoring you.
This is really simple mod.
Just get the cheapest OFF DELAY TIMER module form China and get it connected to S/S switch contacts and then trigger it by fused ignition.

Hi tommo I asked the same 1-2 months ago but it seems that Robert isn't a visitor here anymore. After some testing I figured out how the button work. You will need to short the 2 cables providing 2V to the switch. So you connect the 12V voltage to the cigarette light and then you connect the 2 wires going to the switch to the com line and the NC line. So when the car powers on the relay shorts the start stop button and so its off.
The wiring - just a few posts back

@Dellmassive how do you depin the 3 pins needed from the white connector?

View attachment 106690
Have a look at the first post...

Popup the locking tab.

Then press the tab in so the pin will slide out...

Screenshot_20210304-192823_Chrome.jpg

Quickly went down to the garage, and took some screenshots. (VCDS is version 20.4 btw)

Seatbelt: Go to 17 - Instruments, then Coding (just say no when it asks if you want experimental coding), then it's the byte that's in yellow. Just untick the box.
View attachment 69889

Start-stop: Go to 01 - Engine, click on Adaptation, choose the right channel (activation of Start-stop function).
View attachment 69890
Did this work for you @sippe ?

So, I'm finally getting round to this.I have a couple of questions: My eBay stop/start module has a blue wire going into both SSA+ and SSA-. See pic. Does anyone know which one I use and which I get rid of? @Dellmassive
?
Also, am I splicing the wires into the existing wires/tapping in (blue-brown/black, red-black, brown-brown)? Or do I snip off one end? I couldn't figure that out from Dell's post - probably just me. Thanks in advance!

62FA8605-D792-45C0-B2B0-964B5B970637.jpeg

So, I'm finally getting round to this.I have a couple of questions: My eBay stop/start module has a blue wire going into both SSA+ and SSA-. See pic. Does anyone know which one I use and which I get rid of? @Dellmassive
?
Also, am I splicing the wires into the existing wires/tapping in (blue-brown/black, red-black, brown-brown)? Or do I snip off one end? I couldn't figure that out from Dell's post - probably just me. Thanks in advance!

View attachment 113958
So Think I've answered my own question. I spotted on the picture in the first post that Dell's unit has the blue wire coming out of SSa+. So I deduce I can clip off the SSA- wire and get rid of that.
Then because I spotted a question about whether you should just cut/splice the wires or de-pin them then solder I think I've answered my other question. The wires are de-pinned and the modules wires are soldered to the original wires (using the correct colour matches) then I re-pin the wires and put it all back together again.

I am a complete beginner to auto-electronics so if anyone could take a moment to confirm this I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I guess I'll hit and hope!

Negative from what I remember when I did mine years ago. If you look carefully at his you will see that it goes to the top connection on the board.

dells.jpg

Negative from what I remember when I did mine years ago. If you look carefully at his you will see that it goes to the top connection on the board.

View attachment 114751
Oh okay! That was a good intervention. Thanks oldiebut goodie . I was going off the picture above in the thread where the blue wire definitely comes from + (see attached) But maybe that picture is from eBay and not from Dell's module??? Dell's board is different to mine anyway. I think he might have the older one. There are different circuits on his board if you look at the pic you posted. But if you reckon it was the SSA- connection then I definitely appreciate the comment. I can't say I feel certain now though!

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 14.30.52.png

I used the same module on my VW T-Cross subsequently and that was certainly negative signal. Most VWs should be the same and I am 99.9% certain that the T6 was negative also.
I am sure that above was a generic pic from Ebay from the listing. If you don't specify which vehicle and hence signal polarity when you buy it you get the module with both connections as default. I stated which vehicles mine were for and was sent the correct configuration accordingly.

Again, thanks for the info oldiebut goodie . That makes me feel a bit better. Re: stating which vehicle and polarity when you buy the module; In my case I stated which vehicle I owned but received what I received. Sometimes things don't work out perfectly. I appreciate you sharing your experience. It's most likely helped me from cutting off the wrong wire! If I want to be uber cautious I can leave the other wire on and it all open until I know it works I suppose...

I just unplugged the connection next to the battery going to the negative terminal.
Any reason why I should plug it back in?

Stop/Start doesn't function now, and I've not noticed any negative effects.
Am I missing something?
If you have a factory fitted auxiliary battery under the seat or a third battery in the back (Cali), they won’t charge with the battery manager (61) disconnected.

Again, thanks for the info oldiebut goodie . That makes me feel a bit better. Re: stating which vehicle and polarity when you buy the module; In my case I stated which vehicle I owned but received what I received. Sometimes things don't work out perfectly. I appreciate you sharing your experience. It's most likely helped me from cutting off the wrong wire! If I want to be uber cautious I can leave the other wire on and it all open until I know it works I suppose...
Hello Boxbark,
Can you say which connection you used?
I have the module with the signal wire on A+ and it seems to work on my T6 from 2018.
I wonder what happens if the connection should be wrong.

In this weather just turn the dial to max cooling, won’t turn the engine off then. You can test it by pulling up to the lights with it on max cold, stop and turn the temp dial just off max cooling and it will turn off. Turn it back to max cooling and it won’t.

Hi @Dellmassive sorry to bother you, just been catching up on your Carista vids on YouTube, fab thank you!

I'm contacting you to see what the best way for me to sort the start/stop headache is? I'm pretty highly disabled so I'm just not capable of doing the wiring etc myself. What is my best option please? I'm taking my Velle into the guys at remapping the way at the end of the month for a fair bit of work, worth just asking them to have a look at it? Mine's a 2019 Velle. I've been looking at the forum for a few hours now trying to get an option to sorting the start stop headache but my head is frazzled now and my mrs is giving me earache to get off it (forum). Help please?!

Thank you very much guys.

:)

Back