Stop/start Doing Your Head In? Disabling It - How We Done It -

This is everything that's wrong with the world. A genuine attempt to reduce emissions and improve air quality for all of us and at no inconvenience or cost to the driver.

But because people simply find it annoying, they choose to disable it.

Those same people will expect help when they call for it, but have no interest in helping others.

With all respect.
Primo: how is shorter lifespan for batteries and other parts going to help the environment?
Secundo: I can deal with ss system in a manual gearbox vehicle. I don't mind if it starts engine when I disengage neutral. In an automatic I don't want it to start engine. I just want to drive forward when I press the pedal. Simple logic.
Annoying? It is not annoying. It is dangerous when you stuck at crossroads with engine down and you have to leave it as fast as poss.

I suppose it depends on whether it causes you a prob or not. I have a DSG so it causes no problems and the shutdown at lights integrates well, but maybe I would feel differently if I had to drive a manual, I can well see that being a bit awkward. Saying that, I’d never buy a manual and have had stop/start in vehicles for 8yrs without any problems and I think I would feel guilty sat at lights with my engine running. If it’s causing issues that put you in danger, then maybe there’s a bigger underlying fault with the vehicle that needs looking at?

Ok.
Think I may have done it.

09-Cent. Elect, Adaptation - 10, go to channel 34 and Read.
Mine displayed 30. Take 4 from that (26) test and save.

Mine did not stop when I tested going around the block. Can someone else test?
Happy if you want to hide this in the members area Pauly.

Ok.

Mine did not stop when I tested going around the block. Can someone else test?
Happy if you want to hide this in the members area Pauly.
Hmmm... OBD11 developmental data suggests that the channel 34 is steering wheel angle (30 deg) for cornering light turn off.
---> Vcds Tweaks.

that is odd as I have just gone and done another drive. It did not activate. I had the A with strike through it on the dash and that was it. Channel 34 did not show up on the adaption drop down list hence the needing to read it.

Reactions: mmi
If the start stop is disabled, does the van still hold the charge in the battery at 80% or fully charge it knowing that it doesn't need to leave space for a KERS dump from the alternator?
I have a CTEK Comfort Indicator lead fitted and it never seems to stay green for very long so that suggests that it's still at 80% max limit, Green indicates over 12.65V, Orange is between 12.4 & 12.65, Red is below 12.4V.
I have the start stop module fitted so that takes care of the on/off side of things, but how do I tell the van to fully charge the battery? I'd prefer it to be fully charged so I can leave it unused for longer without having to connect a charger to it.

Ok.

From reading you can also add 32 to the current number and it will run as the last known setting or if you add 64 it will swap the switch over so it will be lit up from start as off. I am yet to test these, I have a drive tomorrow early morning but will test when back.

From reading you can also add 32 to the current number and it will run as the last known setting or if you add 64 it will swap the switch over so it will be lit up from start as off. I am yet to test these, I have a drive tomorrow early morning but will test when back.
That method does not work on the T6 it was for Audi and Touareg (I know cos I did it)

I already posted an adaption method that does work.

I already posted an adaption method that does work.
I cannot find that Loz? Hence me trying all sorts and I thought that had worked on mine or so far with only a little testing it had. I do not fancy cutting into wires to add a non gen item.

This is everything that's wrong with the world. A genuine attempt to reduce emissions and improve air quality for all of us and at no inconvenience or cost to the driver.

So I take it you are sitting with your foot on the brake which is against Highway code rules due to the annoyance of a blinding brake light ?

As soon as I engage neutral in my DSG and apply the handbrake, lift my foot off the brake pedal the engine starts, apply the brake again to engage drive the engine cuts out again WTF !

I've pressed it that many times the logo is off and the button is shiny. 25k miles a year and you soon get tired of it !

I probably use mine 50% of the time.. (using stop/start)

The other 50% its disabled.(no stamp start)

It depends on the driving style, situation, location, requirements.

".......a genuine attempt to reduce emissions........."

I'm more than capable of switching off the engine if I think I'm going to be stationary for any length of time.
Stop start is an attempt to meet current EU emissions regulations, nothing more!
I think VW have proved that meeting current regulations is more important than real life air quality!!! :rofl:
And in the real world, emissions when you are stationary with engine running are tiny compared to when you accelerate. That's just science.
Driving around in general results in emissions, fact of life. Shutting down the engine for 20 seconds at a red light every 20 miles makes an insignificant difference.
Creating a road system where traffic flows freely is the best way to reduce total emissions.
Stop start always reminds me of the slope fronted articulated lorry trailers used by Asda - great! Our lorry now does 9mpg instead of 8.9mpg, look, we're saving the planet!:laugh:

I disabled the stop/start on my Tiguan with Carista. Does anyone know if it will work on the T6?

Just disabled it via vcds. In the latest update of it (20 something, might have worked in previous as well) you can find it (forgot where though :p) and simply disable it. Also finally remembered I wanted to disable the beep when the seat belt is not on (not that I don't wear the seatbelt on the road, but sometimes when manoeuvring somewhere with or without a trailer it can really be a pain in the butt..)

Back