did you run the extra “repair” wires when you were fitting it? This is the only thing putting me off, do any of the buttons work without coding?

that wheel does look lovely, the only thing putting me off is there’s no one anywhere near me who’s willing to code anything for me
To be honest this is something I had ‘overlooked’! With my van being a Trendline and not previously having a MFSW fitted, the wires from the back of the wheel to the BCM are obviously not there, but luckily I now know a man/electrical wizard @Dav-Tec who is going to help me out with this! :thumbsup:

To be honest this is something I had ‘overlooked’! With my van being a Trendline and not previously having a MFSW fitted, the wires from the back of the wheel to the BCM are obviously not there, but luckily I now know a man/electrical wizard @Dav-Tec who is going to help me out with this! :thumbsup:
I was hoping you were gonna say they were already there on the trendline

T6 looms are either 7E0971584 or 5Z0971584 but require T6 or T6 compatible buttons (which golfs are not)
Would anybody know to part number for the wiring loom for this wheel to suit a t6 its out of a Passat

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 12
Just been in touch with patrick regards a new wheel. He doesnt have any wheels with the cruise on them and i would like to add cruise control to my van so would need to change the buttons set up and have cruise added along with the coding of the buttons...anyone know someone who could do this and can i change the buttons myself prior to the adding/coding? In the nw area

Just been in touch with patrick regards a new wheel. He doesnt have any wheels with the cruise on them and i would like to add cruise control to my van so would need to change the buttons set up and have cruise added along with the coding of the buttons...anyone know someone who could do this and can i change the buttons myself prior to the adding/coding? In the nw area
I have just had a wheel delivered from Patrick and decided to install cruise via replacing the stalk module and leaving the buttons on the wheel to trip / phone and audio etc. Van is a shuttle with the terrible plastic wheel.

I have just had a wheel delivered from Patrick and decided to install cruise via replacing the stalk module and leaving the buttons on the wheel to trip / phone and audio etc. Van is a shuttle with the terrible plastic wheel.
What bits do you need for that? How much are we talking?

What bits do you need for that? How much are we talking?
There is a separate wiring loom needed to enable the buttons to work with MFD and stereo and phone. Think this is £80 from VW. The cruise i have been quoted £375 for supply fit and coding of the new control stalk module. Not cheap but I cannot cope without cruise.

@Leeabr101 @Shuttled I don’t know if you boys are willing to travel, but @Dav-Tec is based in north Nottinghamshire and can do all the jobs you’re talking about above and more. Get in touch with him and check out his Instagram too!

@Leeabr101 @Shuttled I don’t know if you boys are willing to travel, but @Dav-Tec is based in north Nottinghamshire and can do all the jobs you’re talking about above and more. Get in touch with him and check out his Instagram too!
Cheers T6ARF thanks for the info. However, I am north west based so getting it all installed with Auto Sound (Blackpool) Rob at Auto Sound is installing next Friday so will post back the result.

Just kickstarting up this thread again incase anyones interested

I had the Mk7 wheel fitted by the race line boys to my T5, Bloody awesome to be honest....Drop down 2 gears (tap tap) and floor it ---- Outstanding

The van needs to be DSG to start with for the flappy paddles to work and really is plug and play, Large Torx in the centre and 2 connections to be made (SIMPLES!)

Watched him do it and will definitely do the upgrade myself on the new T6 when she arrives

Regarding the controls on it though, all worked perfect for me as they were the same as my highline controls, Noticed some of the new Highline's have the Cruise control on the wheel rather than the stalk so i need to wait till the van arrives before making the purchase to get the right one

Will pick a nice one up on eBay for around £500 :D
Just fitted this one this morning.

View attachment 114294
Mate who supplied this wheel and is that fitted to A T6?

Back