Not as yet mate, but to be honest I haven’t been looking! Thinking of getting one from Oli @BognorMotors and just using the ‘blank’ thumb panels from my Trendline wheel.... if that’s possible!? :thumbsup:
So I have bought a flat bottomed leather wheel (no buttons) for £200 with blank shiny black panels and if I get excited again next month might buy the button set for £60ish
will need a wizard to programme/wire it up though.
This will keep the cruise on the stalk and use buttons for volume and channels on the radio on one side and the phone/voice control on the other side.
Fewer buttons, fewer **** ups By the driver

So do you sell the Highline wheel with the multi function buttons as part of the custom steering wheels £500+vat package?

I think I have some at work, Im out till Monday. - Let me check then

Can you DM me as a reminder pls

My newly covered MFSW, did this myself over a couple of hours after work, fiddly job but satisfying when you have it back in the van and able to notice the difference in thickness and grip.

Plus red stitching goes with the rest of the interior upgrades.

A9812F03-D58C-452B-B878-72A0A9AC44D4.jpeg

23D985D0-4FDC-4BA8-AFBC-A9DC24C8C5B7.jpeg

So I have bought a flat bottomed leather wheel (no buttons) for £200 with blank shiny black panels and if I get excited again next month might buy the button set for £60ish
Where have you seen the button set. I'm looking for some parts to repair a broken button on mine.

Right people listen up.....
changed the whole cluster (blackgloss/aluminum part/switches) and yes its hard and very stiff to remove
in fact you think it wont come off, there must be some screws ?
NO no screws .. just keep at it
its off ! so refitted the original cluster
can i swear?
Bloody hell it fits onto the flat bottom PASSAT STEERING WHEEL perfect
2 tiny sockets are on the buttons at the back for the paddle - and + just the same on both wheels .. the paddles have tiny cables with plugs on the end
refitted all done
drove up the road
all back to normal no faults
and the Paddles Work
no coding nothing just worked
hey ho
that wheel cost me £80 :):):):):):):):)

£1000 fitted forget it..
if you just want paddles..
buy one of these
VW GOLF MK7 LEATHER MULTIFUNCTION CRUISE CONTROL STEERING WHEEL 5G0 419 091 DJ
use your own air-bag and cluster..
job done..
Sorry to drag a old thread but this helped me no end as I’d bought the same wheel
Cheers

Anybody looking to upgrade their current steering wheel should check out customise_steering_wheel on Instagram. David and his son Patrick take genuine VW wheels and custom make them up to your requirements.

As I was upgrading from the standard plastic Startline/Trendline to a MFSW, David supplied the correct wheel with the correct buttons (no cruise control on the wheel) and also the wiring loom to make life easy.

I chose a flat bottom wheel with muscles, black stitching, leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides and the surround around the airbag I chose matte black instead of the normal Highline gloss black.

I just need to get it coded now so that all the buttons work, but really pleased with how it looks and feels.... spot on! :thumbsup:

EB592E3B-AB05-432F-BD9E-6FD421918B84.jpeg

Anybody looking to upgrade their current steering wheel should check out customise_steering_wheel on Instagram. David and his son Patrick take genuine VW wheels and custom make them up to your requirements.

As I was upgrading from the standard plastic Startline/Trendline to a MFSW, David supplied the correct wheel with the correct buttons (no cruise control on the wheel) and also the wiring loom to make life easy.

I chose a flat bottom wheel with muscles, black stitching, leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides and the surround around the airbag I chose matte black instead of the normal Highline gloss black.

I just need to get it coded now so that all the buttons work, but really pleased with how it looks and feels.... spot on! :thumbsup:

View attachment 109968
How much for all in?

Well, when this bloody virus goes away I will be travelling back to UK and see if I can find someone to do this for me on my 2016 T6 with a standard steering wheel fiited.

View attachment 109968

did you run the extra “repair” wires when you were fitting it? This is the only thing putting me off, do any of the buttons work without coding?

that wheel does look lovely, the only thing putting me off is there’s no one anywhere near me who’s willing to code anything for me

did you run the extra “repair” wires when you were fitting it? This is the only thing putting me off, do any of the buttons work without coding?

that wheel does look lovely, the only thing putting me off is there’s no one anywhere near me who’s willing to code anything for me

I did mine a month or 2 back. It's not too bad if you follow the guides on here & take it slowly. The only issue I had (apart from getting the wrong wheel originally) was creating enough room to splice the repair wire going into the BCM. I had an aftermarket alarm fitted & the way it was wired in prevented the BCM being moved more than a couple of inches, which was a bit of a headache... even removing the clocks & going into the dash didn't help much.

Anyways, I'm a newb at this, but I still found it doable.... AND it works! AND I didn't melt anything in the process. :)

IMG_2940.jpg

Back