Does anyone have the same button configuration as this wheel but in a golf wheel? R or gtd. with dsg?

I Have a couple of wheels i run with the same setup as yours. GTI one is from a polo and the other is from a passat i think. The main importance is making sure the buttons match what you have and the airbag hooks are the same. Both these wheels were plug and play using the standard wiring loom on the airbag. The passat wheel is away being re-trimmed ATM.

I sourced mine from Europe, both new wheels. There are a lot out the with ACC controls now. These will not work unless you swap the switches and wiring from yours to that wheel, which i have never had to do.

20181211_110937.jpg

received_1950642851865743 (2).jpeg

I Have a couple of wheels i run with the same setup as yours. GTI one is from a polo and the other is from a passat i think. The main importance is making sure the buttons match what you have and the airbag hooks are the same. Both these wheels were plug and play using the standard wiring loom on the airbag. The passat wheel is away being re-trimmed ATM.

I sourced mine from Europe, both new wheels. There are a lot out the with ACC controls now. These will not work unless you swap the switches and wiring from yours to that wheel, which i have never had to do.

View attachment 34680

View attachment 34681
You don’t happen to know the part number for the golf wheel do you? All the ones I find have the acc on. Which do you prefer?

You don’t happen to know the part number for the golf wheel do you? All the ones I find have the acc on. Which do you prefer?

I dont have a golf wheel . AFAIK GTI one is a polo and the other is from a passat as i said . Never looked to see if there are part numbers on them i will look when i swap them again for you . My passat wheel is away at trimmers for a couple of weeks thow . I like them both, just nice to change between the two now and again, just like some do with wheels :whistle:;)

I dont have a golf wheel . AFAIK GTI one is a polo and the other is from a passat as i said . Never looked to see if there are part numbers on them i will look when i swap them again for you . My passat wheel is away at trimmers for a couple of weeks thow . I like them both, just nice to change between the two now and again, just like some do with wheels :whistle:;)
Sorry mate. I meant polo wheel.

I can get the GTI wheels for £800, brand new with airbags. Or Ill have a full custom version as previously mentioned

I have a manual golf r wheel i can supply with correct buttons depending on your set up, it is used but the airbag is new.

Also a manual t6 highline MFSW

Or if you need advise on what works with what then just ask!

cheers Ben

Guys need some help. I removed my startling steering wheel and added a golf gti MFSW. Now the new steering wheel is turned slightly when driving straight even though the old one was bang on.

There’s two little pins on the column that engage into two holes in the wheel. So it doesn’t seem to be able to be adjusted. Anyone else had this or can offer advice?

Actually from this photo of the back of my new wheel it looks like I might have fitted it with the wrong pin holes. I just noticed there are two sets at a slight rotation from each other

B1F90CCC-FF95-4151-AD02-15D9A28B8C6A.png

Actually from this photo of the back of my new wheel it looks like I might have fitted it with the wrong pin holes. I just noticed there are two sets at a slight rotation from each other

View attachment 36617
The steering column has a spline shaft ,you might of got it slightly out on the spline .it doesn't line up wit pins on the back .just un bolt and.move it round slightly

The steering column has a spline shaft ,you might of got it slightly out on the spline .it doesn't line up wit pins on the back .just un bolt and.move it round slightly
You can’t rotate the wheel as there are two pins on the column which insert in holes on the wheel. If you look at the photo I posted above you can see the holes. I just hadn’t realised there were 2 sets. I’m 99% sure I’ve just used the wrong ones so it will be an easy fix when I return from this Campervan trip (I hope!)

Pins can be seen in this image that I took when I had the wheel off (pins might be the wrong terminology)

A05FF70B-1BCA-4552-B8E3-7250EA03EA69.jpeg

Last edited:
You can’t rotate the wheel as there are two pins on the column which insert in holes on the wheel. If you look at the photo I posted above you can see the holes. I just hadn’t realised there were 2 sets. I’m 99% sure I’ve just used the wrong ones so it will be an easy fix when I return from this Campervan trip (I hope!)

Pins can be seen in this image that I took when I had the wheel off (pins might be the wrong terminology)

View attachment 36623
The pins are for the clock spring and they spin really easy ,they don't line the wheel up ,its the spline in the centre .
If you look on your old wheel it might have a dot or line for the centre point .

The pins are for the clock spring and they spin really easy ,they don't line the wheel up ,its the spline in the centre .
If you look on your old wheel it might have a dot or line for the centre point .
Ahh. Thanks for the info. I must have not realised I had rotated them and then tightened it up where it was. At least I can relax now as I know I can fix it. In the words of Homer Simpson “DOH!”

The question here is, has any one tried all these GTi wheels with ACC, i know that wheels work with out it but i can not see any reference to it being done with ACC ( Auto Distance Cruise control) that is (Radar)

The question here is, has any one tried all these GTi wheels with ACC, i know that wheels work with out it but i can not see any reference to it being done with ACC ( Auto Distance Cruise control) that is (Radar)
Have a look here:

Back