Starting my LB electrics

Panch

T6 Pro
Hi all, I’m just starting a little list of what I think I need for my kombi, but will need to do it in stages
££
Renogy 50 amp DCC Charger with MPPT
Renogy BT 2 Bluetooth adapter
5 meters 16mm cable from starter battery to charger
240 v battery charger

which LB ?? I’m thinking 100amp , would love to just buy a Renogy one , but £450 £500 is too much for me at the moment . Thinking Agm , but which one ?
can anyone recommend a decent one that I could get for under £200
many thanks
Panch

The leoch explorer 110ah AGM is popular.

Fits under the seat on its side....

I had two.... There great.

i had stuff fitted under passenger bench too . .

have a look here:

Thanks for your reply
I’ve been Googling leach explora but can’t find one , it keeps going to a leoch adventure. May have had a name change ?
I got mine from Alpha Batteries. They will have the definitive answer.

Interesting thread. Thanks for the tip on how much cable to use for the DCC50S. Have you bought a crimping tool & crimps?

I would like to put my LB under the driver's seat along with a DCC50S and also allow a diesel heater duct through, but I'm beginning to think it wouldn't all fit. I have a double seat swivel but rarely use it and am wondering if I should not just punt it on and bung a larger battery under the passenger seat like Deaky has.

Last edited:
Interesting thread. Thanks for the tip on how much cable to use for the DCC50S. Have you bought a crimping tool & crimps?

I would like to put my LB under the driver's seat along with a DCC50S and also allow a diesel heater duct through, but I'm beginning to think it wouldn't all fit. I have a double seat swivel but rarely use it and am wondering if I should not just punt it on and bung a larger battery under the passenger seat like Deaky has.
I can get hold of a ratchet crimp set from work

That's the one...

12V 110AH Xtreme AGM Leisure Battery (XR1750) NCC Class A

Screenshot_20220820-233313_Chrome.jpg

Sorry my mistake on the name.....

I think the new lithium range is called explorer.... Had a brain fart.

These are listed at £160.

I had a pair running.

In fact I sold them recently and after 3years being installed in the van, then the solar shed..... They still tested out 95% SoH.....

I did look after them..

And always kept them fully charged.

So goes to show if you look after a good battery.... It will last.

But I swapped that pair out for a lithium fairly quickly....

And never looked back.

I'm now fully lithium everywhere.

That's the one...

12V 110AH Xtreme AGM Leisure Battery (XR1750) NCC Class A

View attachment 169612

Sorry my mistake on the name.....

I think the new lithium range is called explorer.... Had a brain fart.

These are listed at £160.

I had a pair running.

In fact I sold them recently and after 3years being installed in the van, then the solar shed..... They still tested out 95% SoH.....

I did look after them..

And always kept them fully charged.

So goes to show if you look after a good battery.... It will last.

But I swapped that pair out for a lithium fairly quickly....

And never looked back.

I'm now fully lithium everywhere.
Thanks again for the information, much appreciated

Check the max charge rate of AGM batteries vs the max charge rate of whatever charger you plan to use, no point fitting a 50A charger if you should only charge the battery at a max of 0.2C (20A)
The advantage of lithium batteries is they will pretty much take everything you can throw at them, and in the long run their lifespan is much longer than AGM’s.

I too have a Leoch Explorer Xtreme 110Ah and that sits underneath my drivers (OEM swivel) seat alongside the night-heater pipe. My DC-DC charger is elsewhere but may just fit beside it

Check the max charge rate of AGM batteries vs the max charge rate of whatever charger you plan to use, no point fitting a 50A charger if you should only charge the battery at a max of 0.2C (20A)
The advantage of lithium batteries is they will pretty much take everything you can throw at them, and in the long run their lifespan is much longer than AGM’s.
Never thought about that thanks. It’s all a bit new to me this LB electrics..
I know the lithium batteries are better but at the moment I need to try and keep to a budget

With the Renogy dcc50s you can set the current limiter from 10-50A, so you can future proof your DC-DC charger.

Back