The noise is coming from the back...
How heavy is your van? I ask as Venom have sent me taller springs to try, as I’m set highest at the top but the spring is compressed, them saying my van is on the heavy side (2400kg).

How heavy is your van? I ask as Venom have sent me taller springs to try, as I’m set highest at the top but the spring is compressed, them saying my van is on the heavy side (2400kg).

I have got a T32 with a rib bed at the back - Shouldn't be that heavy. Have you got the Ultras or the standard coilovers?

I have done a bit of research and it appears that the adjuster should be above the spring at the rear of the van - Mine is currently fitted with the adjuster below the spring. I'm hoping it will work better with that changed.

Check the rear springs aren't going coil bound also a common problem on the front is the Anti roll Bars drop links check they are tight /

Check the rear springs aren't going coil bound also a common problem on the front is the Anti roll Bars drop links check they are tight /

I did wonder if the spring might be over compressed - Although it doesn't make sense to supply a product with a range of adjustment that it will not function over...

I have got a T32 with a rib bed at the back - Shouldn't be that heavy. Have you got the Ultras or the standard coilovers?

I have done a bit of research and it appears that the adjuster should be above the spring at the rear of the van - Mine is currently fitted with the adjuster below the spring. I'm hoping it will work better with that changed.
Ultra.

I did wonder if the spring might be over compressed - Although it doesn't make sense to supply a product with a range of adjustment that it will not function over...
Its a perfect point BUT its one spring fits all with the Coil over kits unfortunately so not a lot of thought gone in to that , The standard Transporters have 4 or 5 different spring rates I guess some applications will be fine some the spring will be too soft and some the spring will be hard . This is why i prefer to use Sport kits and not coil overs so i can mix and match springs to get the rating right particularly the rear .

I've been driving the van with stanced suspension and springs since the summer. It is abit harsh on rough roads lowered to 40mm. Today i raised it up 30mm as its going on a trip soon with 3 passengers..me..and the dog. I thought with the extra weight i should jack it up abit to make the ride comfier and it has. Its def smoother..and less harsh. I wont know fully until its on the motorway with everyone in it..i shall report back soon.

Back