Tyres are 275/35/20,which are more or less perfect for speedo reading,but no good for t32,as they are only 102 rated.
Wheel offset is et35.
Good luck in your search,I'm glad I'm finally sorted.

I was running 8.5 front et35 10 rear et40 on 20" rims 275 35 20 no rubbing 275 40 20 will catch on full lock

Last edited:
8.5 or 9j front ET35 is perfect,i drive a 235.35.20 but u can easy put a 255.35.20 on it and even when lowered u won't rub
10.5 ET42 in the rear is really the max u can go. Personally i drive a 255.35 stretched,but also a 275 is ok in the rear!
If u doubt u can always hit me up regarding J VS ET,willing to help!
kris

8.5 or 9j front ET35 is perfect,i drive a 235.35.20 but u can easy put a 255.35.20 on it and even when lowered u won't rub
10.5 ET42 in the rear is really the max u can go. Personally i drive a 255.35 stretched,but also a 275 is ok in the rear!
If u doubt u can always hit me up regarding J VS ET,willing to help!
kris

@Leehoops

Hi

I am keen to see if this is a good idea.

I have a lwb camper with B14’s and 20” wheels. At the moment I have 275/40R20s on all round.

I want to improve the drive and get more out of the B14’s so I am thinking of swapping the fronts only to 275/35R20s (I have new rear tyres.).

I think I can then drop 15mm. Question is will it look odd and has anyone else done it?

Have you considered the ABS, electronic stability control and tyre pressure monitoring systems. Having different rolling radius front and rear may cause issues here.

Last edited:
Have you considered the ABS, electronic stability control and tyre pressure monitoring systems. Having different rolling radius front and rear may cause issues here.

How? Surely once you set the pressures, the rest is irrelevant because they are all done on each individual wheel, or am I missing something.

Plus I don't see how dropping from a 40 to a 35 profile will get more out of a B14 @Richie15
What are you trying to achieve? If its more as in better handling, then just fit H&R anti roll bars, or do you mean 'more' as in you want it lower? In which case yes dropping the profile will make the roof to floor height slightly lower, but bare in mind that it will also make the wheel look slightly smaller, thus exposing more inner arch, rather than filling the arch.
Unless you're saying with a 40 profile, you cannot go that extra 15mm on the B14s because they rub the inner liners.

Can you clarify what you mean by more out of the B14.

Last edited:
The tyre pressure monitoring can be set to overcome the difference in rolling radius, but the abs and esp will still be affected as the van will think that the front wheels are turning faster than the rears, possibly reducing power in an attempt to stop what it considers to be wheel spin.

Back