T32 DSG 4Mo Staggered 20” Tyre Pressures??

TeamD

T6 Pro
Hello, newbie here and first post.

Two weeks ago I got my first T6 - 2019 T32 DSG 4Mo and I have just had some new tyres fitted to the front 245/45/20 and the pressure has been set to 57PSI. The rears are staggered at 275/40/20 and are at 48PSI.

The ride is a bit crashy so wondered what the best pressure is from people who have experience with the same van/setup? (Photo of van attached)

Thanks in Advance.IMG_1437.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I think those pressures are way too high! Look at more like 40psi...?
Don't have much time now as just heading out the door! Do a wee search on pressures on the forum...

Also as well as tyres/pressures, what are your shocks/springs?

Yeah I think those pressures are way too high! Look at more like 40psi...?
Don't have much time now as just heading out the door! Do a wee search on pressures on the forum...

Also as well as tyres/pressures, what are your shocks/springs?
Thanks. That what I was thinking. Not sure why new tyre place put 57PSI in the front!

Just had shocks and springs done at CRS Performance - Koni's and Evo springs - much better than before

Hello, newbie here and first post.

Two weeks ago I got my first T6 - 2019 T32 DSG 4Mo and I have just had some new tyres fitted to the front 245/45/20 and the pressure has been set to 57PSI. The rears are staggered at 275/40/20 and are at 48PSI.

The ride is a bit crashy so wondered what the best pressure is from people who have experience with the same van/setup? (Photo of van attached)

Thanks in Advance.View attachment 227051
Tyre pressure way too high , the suspension is the best in the business and shouldn't be crashy at all . try 40 PSI as a start .

For a 20” wheel 36-40psi. No higher. We’ve done hundreds of thousands of miles in our fleet playing with tyre pressures over the years . 36 when unloaded and 40 when loaded works best. Make sure your alignment is spot on too to get the best out of your tyres.

For a 20” wheel 36-40psi. No higher. We’ve done hundreds of thousands of miles in our fleet playing with tyre pressures over the years . 36 when unloaded and 40 when loaded works best. Make sure your alignment is spot on too to get the best out of your tyres.
Does this apply to the heavy T32 DSG 4motion as well?

Last edited:
I'm sure I've just been unlucky, but I've had 2 cracked Velares in the past 6 months. When the wheels come off do a good visual inspection of the inside of the rim. Both were easy repairs, but I bought two new ones keeping the welded as spares. One front 8.5, one back 10. Too big to keep underneath the van though. But ready at home in case of disaster! If you notice a steady pressure loss that's an indication.
£320 each approx.

I'm sure I've just been unlucky, but I've had 2 cracked Velares in the past 6 months. When the wheels come off do a good visual inspection of the inside of the rim. Both were easy repairs, but I bought two new ones keeping the welded as spares. One front 8.5, one back 10. Too big to keep underneath the van though. But ready at home in case of disaster! If you notice a steady pressure loss that's an indication.
£320 each approx.
Thanks I will keep that in mind

Yes that looks perfect
£320 each approx.
We are seeing this more frequently due to the state of the roads at present . Although all wheels we sell are correctly weight rated, a 3 ton van on 20” wheels with a direct hit on a big pothole, the wheel is usually what suffers first, as well as alignment. We recommend alignment is checked every 6 months for this reason too. TBH we are seeing lots of cars with buckled wheels too… our roads are terrible!

Ps we can fit a 20” under a van.

Yes that looks perfect

We are seeing this more frequently due to the state of the roads at present . Although all wheels we sell are correctly weight rated, a 3 ton van on 20” wheels with a direct hit on a big pothole, the wheel is usually what suffers first, as well as alignment. We recommend alignment is checked every 6 months for this reason too. TBH we are seeing lots of cars with buckled wheels too… our roads are terrible!

Ps we can fit a 20” under a van.
OK, very interested in that! Send me a quote? VLR07 with either a 275/40 or a 245/45, is either doable? T28 fully campervanised.

Do you mind calling the office and speaking to the handsome one :) or better still ping me your contact details and I’ll get them call call.

Not sure how true it is but I’ve read a few times 4motion you need to keep tyre size same all round (not sure on technicalities but I assume it’s to do with how the 4motion works and differing resistance from different size tyres)

Not sure how true it is but I’ve read a few times 4motion you need to keep tyre size same all round (not sure on technicalities but I assume it’s to do with how the 4motion works and differing resistance from different size tyres)
That’s true.

Because my wheels are staggered (wider at the back) my different tire sizes on the front and rear, equal the same rolling circumference. Hope that makes sense.

Back