Yep 245/45/20 on the front and 275/40/20 on the rear. Plenty of choice with 275/40/20 as they are a popular tyre on other vehicles. Also with this set up the rolling radius is virtually the same.
VW van centre rang me to tell me that my 245s on the front were 45 and the 275s were 40 and the difference in profile would destroy my haldex and wanted me to allow them to put 245/40 on the front. He couldn’t understand when I tried to explain how tyre profiles are worked out.
Wonder how many 4Mo they’ve destroyed with that stroke of genius?

Hi All

I recently purchased a set of 20" Amarok Rims load rating 950kg with 265/40/20 all round. I have also purchased Bilstein B14 Komfort Coilover Kit with my intention of lowering by 40mm.
Are there any issue's I am likely to face with this set up?

Thanks in advance

As you can see from the above comments invariably 275 will rub on full lock and 245 wont, you are somewhere inbetween but will all depend on the offset/ET of your wheels ?

Hi Pauly

The offset is 5x120 unsure of the ET....will check in the morning. Originally I was looking to go with 19" however I went to a VW fest in Taunton last week and saw these wheels/tyres for what I considered a reasonable price with a decent load rating to cover any future upgrades. The wife has always said I tend to spend before doing some home work:rolleyes:

So turns out the 70mm caps don’t fit the Leighton LV1, slightly too big.

So guess the best options are to either order some 65mm stickers and put them over the Leighton cap

Or

I’ve ordered these which are 68mm

The Leighton caps are easy enough to get off without taking the wheel off if you don’t want to keep them or want to put a sticker over them. Just drill a small hole through the middle and use a picker to pull them out

VW van centre rang me to tell me that my 245s on the front were 45 and the 275s were 40 and the difference in profile would destroy my haldex and wanted me to allow them to put 245/40 on the front. He couldn’t understand when I tried to explain how tyre profiles are worked out.
Wonder how many 4Mo they’ve destroyed with that stroke of genius?
I don’t suppose they are employed for their brains !

275/40/20 is way too big! No one should be using them on a transporter!
Depends on your van weight, 275/35 ok on rear if you aren’t a t32, you probably want something a bit narrower for the front though!
Hi I have recently bought a T32 and I t has staggered 20” River R9 alloys - 8.5J on the front and 10j on the back.
It has 275/40/20 on the back and the front, find the front tyres stick out a bit. It will soon need tyres and was looking for some help on which size I can fit, would like to go smaller on the front, I am running 50mm H&R springs and Koni shocks.
Thanks

Hi I have recently bought a T32 and I t has staggered 20” River R9 alloys - 8.5J on the front and 10j on the back.
It has 275/40/20 on the back and the front, find the front tyres stick out a bit. It will soon need tyres and was looking for some help on which size I can fit, would like to go smaller on the front, I am running 50mm H&R springs and Koni shocks.
Thanks
If you’re keeping the 275/40 on the back, a pair of 245/45 on the front will work well.

What size could I go down to on the back as they are 10,s
Thanks or your reply.
275 width is good on the back. You’ll have wheels that are approximately 37mm difference in width and tyres that are 30mm different in width, so a pretty good setup.

Back