Ride Height Survey

Vehicle Type: Panel Van/Transporter MY18, EU6 150kW/204PS DSG 4Motion LWB LHD
Load Rating: T32
Ride Height Front: 465
Ride Height Rear: 465
Springs: original
- front 0JH weight range 8 (2 x white + 2 x green stripes)
- rear 0YD weight range 4 (4 x grey stripes)​
Dampers: original
Wheel Size: 17
Tyre Size: 235/55R17
Tyre Manufacturer: Nokian Hakka Blue SUV
Normal Load: 1 pers
Ride Comfort: Good, firm, comfortable even when empty :)
Anti Roll Bars: original

Sus'd it ha ha

18plate 204 Caravelle DSG
Bilstein B14
Front 380
Rear 265
17" Devonports

Given all the information on ride height, is the rear height supposed to be the same - higher or lower than the front or is it just doing to personal preference

Rear 420 front 400 on B14s with 18" Momo Revenge and 255 45 18 Ditch Finda tyres... can't go too much lower either sadly as there appears to be an upside down manhole on the bottom surface of the underfloor potable water tank... could be a panic room though as it's that huge, either way this large plastic nut on the tank presently sits about 80mm above the road surface... boo!

How fortuitous this topic has come back to life. I've been dicking about with my heights. I bought my used T28 LWB PV with VMaxx adjustable suspension. 255s on 8X20 Rotiform RSEs on the front, 275s on 10X20s at the rear. Had rubbing at the front. Raised the fronts to about 370mm, and rears to 390mm centres to arch edge. It must have been low to start with. Issue compounded as I had the wheels refurbed, and new tyres fitted. Tyre company fitted 275s all round by mistake, and reluctant to take them back.

On reading this thread, brought the front up another 10 turns - approx 20mm, and the rears up another 2 turns. 4mm on the springs, seems to be 7-10mm up on the wheels. Already more comfortable with less grounding out. I have a feeling I'm not there yet though....

Just been perusing this thread and something sprung to mind.

I was wondering when people are setting their ride height, and some have front higher than rear, some vice versa, does anyone consider whether the sill between the wheels is level to the ground or sloping up to the front/back?

Or does no one bother about the sill to ground?

I believe the sill slopes front to back. I have a local garage for my B14”s and he used the sill to level the van which is why my earlier post showed a huge difference. I ended up gong to Bognor to get Oli to sort it

I believe the sill slopes front to back. I have a local garage for my B14”s and he used the sill to level the van which is why my earlier post showed a huge difference. I ended up gong to Bognor to get Oli to sort it
I assumed yours was a typo as 265 is a lot less than the radius of the tyre (mine tyre radius is about 350)

Ride Height from wheel centre to wheel arch -

Vehicle Type: Panel-van Conversion with Cali 2-seater bed, offside kitchenette and HiLo.
Original Load Rating: T28.
Ride Height Front: 460mm.
Ride Height Rear: 425mm.
Springs: standard PV (AFAIK).
Dampers: standard PV (AFAIK).
ARB: standard PV (AFAIK).
Wheel Size: 16” Clayton 215/65/16.
Tyre model: Goodyear Cargo Marathon
Normal Load: 2 adults + camping supplies.
Ride Comfort: wallowy, crashy..

Back