Swamper v Caravelle ride height?

FerrisBFW

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So i have a 5.1 Caravelle 4motion currently on VW steel 17” wheels and Falken Wildthingy tyres 235/65 17.

I am about to order some KONI special shock rear shocks from CRS. I have completely rebuilt the front suspension and the brakes last summer, new struts, bushes etc.

My question is i was thinking on increasing the ride height a bit. I am led to believe Caravelles are all -20~30mm as std, so thinking bringing it close to standard would be enough.

Any thoughts out there, is this something i shouldn’t do for x reason? Is it a rubbish ride etc?

What do higher ground clearance Swampers ride like?

IMG_4776.jpeg

@FerrisBFW I am led to believe that only some Caravelles came lowered, possibly just the Executive. Is yours definitely lower than a standard (panel) van?
The 235/65/17's will give you about a 23mm ride height gain and close the arch gap by the same amount. The image above still looks to have a decent gap which makes me wonder what height you are already at?

@FerrisBFW I am led to believe that only some Caravelles came lowered, possibly just the Executive. Is yours definitely lower than a standard (panel) van?
The 235/65/17's will give you about a 23mm ride height gain and close the arch gap by the same amount. The image above still looks to have a decent gap which makes me wonder what height you are already at?
there is a shuttle round the corner and a 72 plate Caravelle in my street, I will measure and compare

Back