T6.1 Multivan 4Motion Factory Upgraded Suspension

HossP

Hi All

I have a 2023 Multivan 4Motion which comes with ‘Upgraded Suspension - Irreg use.’
The salesperson said that this was required by Australia VW due to our garbage roads.
I asked what exactly the upgrade consisted of and they had no idea.
The front height from centre of wheel to bottom of wheel arch is 475mm for both front and rear.
The springs have four blue paint spots (rectangles)
The dampers are 7LA 513 029 A, NH023E/NH024E.
Can anyone shed any light on exactly what the suspension package consists of?
IE: different springs? Different dampers?
I would love to know the spring rates/heights if possible.
I searched the forum and my brain was overloaded lol but it would appear that the height is standard for t T6.1. This would indicate that the springs are std height I think.
Not sure about the dampers.
I intend going about 35mm taller so I figure I would need new springs, but not sure about the dampers. Ordinarily I would run Bilsteins but these dampers may be a decent upgrade in themselves.

Sorry for the ramble kind of trying to get my head around what it is.

Cheers from Oz

6D961B9F-C352-45FB-B29B-807A8792EE99.jpeg

5BE2AC92-16DA-402D-8012-1113EECCF845.jpeg

FE0E9006-F4FA-4927-BFF9-A430897EA41D.jpeg

The T6.1 in UK is taller than the T6 used to be. The classic 460 mm wheel arch measurement is 470 and we have seen 480 mm. This would indicate that the springs you have are indeed standard. ( although we haven’t seen 4 blue dots )
lifting the van another 40 mm. Will mean you need to watch the rear drive shafts and possibly space the diff down .
we lift a few vans but prefer spacers to do this not longer heavy duty springs as they are hard and make noises on the rear mounts .
at 500 odd dollars. the suspension won’t be much of an upgrade ha ha. Sounds like a set of springs at that price , my recommendation for shocks would be Koni. But they won’t like a huge lift

Hi - in my search for improving my sagging rear end in my T6.1 4Motion campervan, I can appreciate the brain overload. I do not know the spring height and stiffness of your springs but compared to my T6.1 which is a 1BA standard suspension and a 0YC weight code (weight class 3) I have found by searching that your 4 blue paint dabs could imply a weight class 10, so may be just heavier construction and ?? stiffer than my standard T6.1 suspension. In the front page of your T6.1 manual or on a label under the fuse panel under the steering wheel, I suspect you might find the codes 2ML and OYK. You can get a translation of your VIN number through @Pauly which may confirm your specifications. It certainly helped me. My hub to arch heights are certainly lower than yours and I just want to restore them to OEM so less saggy at the rear but still fit under the garage door.

Hi - in my search for improving my sagging rear end in my T6.1 4Motion campervan, I can appreciate the brain overload. I do not know the spring height and stiffness of your springs but compared to my T6.1 which is a 1BA standard suspension and a 0YC weight code (weight class 3) I have found by searching that your 4 blue paint dabs could imply a weight class 10, so may be just heavier construction and ?? stiffer than my standard T6.1 suspension. In the front page of your T6.1 manual or on a label under the fuse panel under the steering wheel, I suspect you might find the codes 2ML and OYK. You can get a translation of your VIN number through @Pauly which may confirm your specifications. It certainly helped me. My hub to arch heights are certainly lower than yours and I just want to restore them to OEM so less saggy at the rear but still fit under the garage door.
Please measure the wheel arch gap front and rear

centre of the wheel to the top of the arch vertically . once we have the difference in MM i can make some recommendations how to sort it out

Please measure the wheel arch gap front and rear

centre of the wheel to the top of the arch vertically . once we have the difference in MM i can make some recommendations how to sort it out
I have 455 at front and 425mm at rear - I have more detail in my thread I created to which I will respond to your query.

I have 455 at front and 425mm at rear - I have more detail in my thread I created to which I will respond to your query.
We would mostly lower the front to match the back , but lifting the rear to standard height is best done with a T32 rear spring and a 15mm spring spacer.

Back