Considering SoLow NXT’s…

RT76

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

So my ongoing quest to improve the ride on my van continues.

I am now looking at some SoLow NXT’s as they seem to suit my needs - 35mm drop for winter on my AT tyres and 65mm drop for summer wheels. (I don’t want low-lows because it’s the family bus and works hard on holiday etc). They are also supposedly very comfortable.

Firstly, can anyone vouch for the comfort?

I’m more confident in a spring/damper that have been designed to work together, than separates, but comfort is subjective. I don’t mind stiff suspension as long as it is well damped.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered KW/STX kit? Search for posts and comments as there’s plenty of feedback. CRS fitted them last week and I’m impressed at -60mm drop. Firm but not stiff. No crash on the crap road surfaces. Won’t bottom out on speed bumps at reasonable speeds.

Have you considered KW/STX kit? Search for posts and comments as there’s plenty of feedback. CRS fitted them last week and I’m impressed at -60mm drop. Firm but not stiff. No crash on the crap road surfaces. Won’t bottom out on speed bumps at reasonable speeds.
Budget creep is a horrendous thing!

Which KWs did you fit?

Hi all,

So my ongoing quest to improve the ride on my van continues.

I am now looking at some SoLow NXT’s as they seem to suit my needs - 35mm drop for winter on my AT tyres and 65mm drop for summer wheels. (I don’t want low-lows because it’s the family bus and works hard on holiday etc). They are also supposedly very comfortable.

Firstly, can anyone vouch for the comfort?

I’m more confident in a spring/damper that have been designed to work together, than separates, but comfort is subjective. I don’t mind stiff suspension as long as it is well damped.

Rich
I think there are much better solutions. The kit you talk about is just another revamp of the B14. Lots of issues in design
as there is with B14 types
shock is too long
arb bracket in the wrong place.
sleeve over not coil over
because they are a new edition we don’t have experience with the springs so not sure about those
STX is twice the kit similar money this is a comparison to our. H and R kit that is the market leader in our opinion on all levels.

63A6D9E8-7039-43BB-8D1C-B3A620D34D48.jpeg

Man maths made easy - quality ride, no compromise and not much more than the other kits mention = H&R Coilovers from CRS. Best money you’ll spend on the van, even my mrs was impressed!

Thanks Steve.

They’ll have to wait until I’m back off holiday then.

Have you got a price?
They are £ 1450.00 incl vat so excellent value compared to the B14 , NSL and Project twin tubes which all cost £50.00 less , The comparison in build, design and performance is a no brainer

Look forward to hearing from you

They are £ 1450.00 incl vat so excellent value compared to the B14 , NSL and Project twin tubes which all cost £50.00 less , The comparison in build, design and performance is a no brainer

Look forward to hearing from you
how much are the kw V3’s?

Regarding SoLow NXT's and the others in the range, I'm sure they have Bilstein make the dampers but with different internals and adjusters coupled with Eibach Springs rather H&R's like B14's use

I've had my SoLow Lows on for 2 weeks and love them. Ride quality is great and not crashy even on the lowest setting. For what i use my van for and the look i want they are great. I'd chose the NXT' if i was using the van more for camper use without thinking twice.

Regarding SoLow NXT's and the others in the range, I'm sure they have Bilstein make the dampers but with different internals and adjusters coupled with Eibach Springs rather H&R's like B14's use

I've had my SoLow Lows on for 2 weeks and love them. Ride quality is great and not crashy even on the lowest setting. For what i use my van for and the look i want they are great. I'd chose the NXT' if i was using the van more for camper use without thinking twice.
This is correct. As part of the Solow Approved Fitting Network, I can confirm that they are not just a revamped B14 - They are made by Bilstein, yes, but they are totally different internals, adjusters and run Eibach springs. They are a fantastic kit, and well worth considering.

Any questions on this please ask away or pick the phone up to us and we are happy to answer any questions

Back