Retrofitting powered Tailgate

My Autoease electric tailgate kit has arrived.
It's looks decent so far, very well packaged, they have also included a soft Close latch and a foot switch. They have even included a drill bit for the door switches and the grommets.

15872034622907948117321894451962.jpg

15872034914151214256017684790069.jpg

15872035336084048436302062855551.jpg

Looks good, please keep us updated , how much was your kit?
£599usd which is £507 probably not a good time to buy with exchange rate.
But with soft Close latch and foot switch not to bad

My Autoease electric tailgate kit has arrived.
It's looks decent so far, very well packaged, they have also included a soft Close latch and a foot switch. They have even included a drill bit for the door switches and the grommets.

View attachment 66375

View attachment 66376

View attachment 66377
I'm really looking forward to reading how this install goes. Electric tailgate is high on my list of things to do and for the price of this kit it might be within reach.

I'm really looking forward to reading how this install goes. Electric tailgate is high on my list of things to do and for the price of this kit it might be within reach.
Not sure I will put the front switch in, as my key has the tailgate button, also not fitting soft Close latch as I already have one.

Generally speaking you would need KESSY onboard to retrofit OEM "foot opening" and as far as I am aware this is not an option on T6. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong, ups I was so wrong :whistle:.
Everything is possible.
Where there's a will there's a way;).

• Love
Reactions: mmi
No it came with the kit.
I am thinking of OEM foot switch as a part of KESSY :whistle:.
Something like this.

Have you got any video of how your setup works(foot opening) ?

Reactions: mmi
I am thinking of OEM foot switch as a part of KESSY :whistle:.
Something like this.

Have you got any video of how your setup works(foot opening) ?
I will do one, just need to get the position better

Hello @carlg , where did you order this kit from,looks good,wouldve liked oem but didnt like the thought of cutting holes in tailgates,im sure @Deaky and @Robert will have got theirs looking good but im not too sure i could!, thanks

Back