Retrofitting powered Tailgate

My brother in law works for a vehicle adaptation company in Warrington. They regularly fit the Autoease kits. He’s done a few Caravelles on motability and says the kits work well. It interfaces with the can bus system and works off the key fob.

obviously I only found out about the after I fitted the OEM kit :devil::devil::devil::cry::cry:

My brother in law works for a vehicle adaptation company in Warrington. They regularly fit the Autoease kits. He’s done a few Caravelles on motability and says the kits work well. It interfaces with the can bus system and works off the key fob.

obviously I only found out about the after I fitted the OEM kit :devil::devil::devil::cry::cry:
Good to know a company is fitting there product.
I have just sent them an email to ask for a installation manual. Not sure they will send one if I haven't bought one.

It would be good to see the manual if they send it, the Haanshow kit was a bit of a ballache to fit as the instructions were pretty vague, my kit has two wires which are not connected however it all works properly with the exception of closing via the key fob.
although I'm not sure it's meant to do that.
does the Autoease unit tie into the parking sensors as the Haanshow one doesn't (banged my tailgate into a wall)

I requested a manual from Autoease but I never got one. This was one of the reasons I didn't order with them.

I will let you know about the manual if they send one.

I have the manual from Hansshow for the T5 and the T6 on PDF, if anyone is interested, don't know if it can be uploaded or something.

@Deaky, I contacted Autoease and asked for instructions, he told me to contact BAS in Warrington.
Does your brother in law work there.?
They are closed at the moment.

Yes he does. :thumbsup: I've asked him about the instructions, they're on his PC in work :unsure:

Yes he does. :thumbsup: I've asked him about the instructions, they're on his PC in work :unsure:
I emailed them again and told them the company is closed due to lock down.
So he has sent me them through.
But I don't know how to upload onto here.

I emailed them again and told them the company is closed due to lock down.
So he has sent me them through.
But I don't know how to upload onto here.
Go to the downloads section and click the add new resource button :thumbsup:

Autoease does not integrate with factory parking sensors

Autoease instructions
This looks interesting. The front page of that manual says "FOR VW T6 w/ Standard Electric Latch". Does that mean the standard latch that unlocks/locks remotely/electronically from the key fob, but still needs to opened manually and be slammed shut? Or is their definition of the "standard electric latch" what is commonly referred to as "power latching"?

I hope it's the former then this could be a great mod at a relatively low cost.

This looks interesting. The front page of that manual says "FOR VW T6 w/ Standard Electric Latch". Does that mean the standard latch that unlocks/locks remotely/electronically from the key fob, but still needs to opened manually and be slammed shut? Or is their definition of the "standard electric latch" what is commonly referred to as "power latching"?

I hope it's the former then this could be a great mod at a relatively low cost.
I think all T6 have electric latch on door handle. In the instructions it shows tapping into the latch wiring , I presume this is to release the handle.
Power latching or sort close latch is different, but this can be added, and I think it is needed with this kit.

@russters when you fitted the soft Close latch.
Did you have to connect any wires from the electric tailgate control unit
Cheers carl

What do you want to do? Power latch or electric tailgate? power latch or soft close the same thing it has his own control unit.
electric tailgate has own control unit. no wires between electric tailgate and power latching.

@russters when you fitted the soft Close latch.
Did you have to connect any wires from the electric tailgate control unit
Cheers carl

No,The soft close unit acts in its own right not linked to the tailgate control unit, It has its own control unit which goes behind the panel on the nearside of the van/bus

Back