Retrofitting powered Tailgate

Long time no visit for me...work and life always seems to get in the way of van tinkering!
I started this retrofit probably two years ago on my T5.1 (T5GP), all the wiring is now present and the module fitted, I just didn't get the brackets made and only had one actuator at the time. Fortunately I've now got two actuators!

A friend who is a bit more handy than me owes me a favour, and has started fabricating the brackets, however, he has asked me to find the measurements indicated in red....
are you still looking for this?

Změňte své 6D kódování na 1933098003
a upravte své 6D úpravy, jak je uvedeno níže.

IDE02134-MAS04214-Aktivace pomocí spínače dálkového odemykání zadního víka-Funkce klepnutí pro otevření, aktivní ,1
IDE02134-MAS04215-Aktivace pomocí spínače dálkového odemykání zadního víka-Funkce klepnutí pro zavření, aktivní ,1
IDE02134-MAS04216-Aktivace pomocí spínače dálkového odemykání zadního víka-Dotyková funkce pro otevření, neaktivní ,1
IDE02134-MAS04217-Aktivace pomocí spínače dálkového odemykání zadního víka-Dotyková funkce pro zavírání, neaktivní ,1
IDE02136-MAS04214-Aktivace pomocí tlačítka pro otevření zadního víka na dálkovém klíči-Funkce poklepání pro otevření,aktivní,1
IDE02136-MAS04215-Aktivace pomocí tlačítka pro otevření zadního víka na dálkovém klíči-Funkce klepnutí pro zavření,aktivní ,1
IDE02136-MAS04216-Aktivace pomocí tlačítka pro otevření zadního víka na dálkovém klíči-Funkce dotyku pro otevření,neaktivní,1
IDE02136-MAS04217-Aktivace pomocí tlačítka pro otevření zadního víka na dálkovém klíči-Dotyková funkce pro zavírání, neaktivní,1

A pak změňte své kódování 09 na
22F 2 F9BE0A6134 8 381288F032DEB8EDD0FA4660F60C93E003204033F0840
prosím jak má vypadat základní nastavení těchto parametrů?

Děkuji

Were the hinges also changed in this example? Or he left original t5 hinges?
Sorry mate for a late reply.
All the info and photos related to a T5.1 electric tailgate retrofit come from @Evgeni.
He did it for someone from England.
I posted already everything I know.

Reactions: mmi
Hi all,
I've searched far and wide, but have not been able to find an answer, so I'm trying here. I actually have a power tailgate fitted from factory, which I've been able to open/close from the key fob/switch in the drivers door. A recent swap of my PDC module (went for the 1k8 919 472 C with Sharan parameters) has disabled the opening part of this. I simply have no idea why that is. I've tried loading different parameters, various codings, adaptations, nothing changes. The only thing I can think of is the "Electric Tailgate installed" bit in the 1k8 module that for some reason I cannot set (Error 31 - coding out of range).

If anyone has any suggestions... I'm attaching a full autoscan and can provide more info as needed, thanks!

Attachments

• 2024-03-04 Autoscan full.txt
    25.9 KB · Views: 2
I have recently had Automotive Controls retro fit an electric tailgate as I understand it’s no longer a factory order option.

They did a great job and very reasonably priced.
Can you share an indication of the cost?

I was always curious what is actually inside of the electric ram.
So I kept on looking and as per the above photos and video I eventually found and got declared faulty unit.
After quick test I have discovered that this ram actually works but produces very unpleasant noise when moving the tailgate.
Dismantling of 7E5827851 unit was a bit tricky but successful. There is a gearbox between the electric motor and the driving screw.
This gearbox is a double (epicyclic gearing/planetary mechanism) made out of plastic.

One set of planetary gears (3 pieces) has failed.

View attachment 62669

View attachment 62668

View attachment 62667

A bit of 3D printing and I am back in business ;)

View attachment 62666

Reinstallation was very simple but then resealing of the metal tube was another challenge but also done successfully :)
So now I have spare, fully refurbished ram plus another spare set of gears :thumbsup:

Found out that one of my preowned drives came faulty too, same unpleasant noise inside.
Can you share a 3D model of the gear please?

Sure, but I need to find it first :thumbsdown:
It was long time ago and I am not sure if I actually kept the file :rolleyes:

So far I only found this.
Number of gear teeth is 15,
external diameter 10mm, internal diameter 3.5mm.
Gear width(height) is 6.7mm.
IMG-20200118-WA0006.jpg

I'll keep on digging and post it here when/if I find it.

Back