Retrofit help please [Powered Tailgate + Reverse Cam]

z1ts

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello all

I possibly, maybe, could be having a T6.1 built for me around week 40 2023 (ish) that I ordered in Sep 2021

Due to wanting to add a couple of bits to it post-order (things I couldn't retrofit), I've 'lost' some other bits I originally ordered on it:-
  • electric tailgate
  • rear parking camera
I promised myself I'd retrofit these and now wk40 is slowly approaching I need to get some advice please on which route to go.

Fully appreciate these might be things that others would just 'pass-over' but they're all fitted on the car I'm replacing so reluctant to go backwards!

So the questions:-
  1. OEM kit for camera? If not then what?
  2. OEM kit for electric tailgate? If not then what?
  3. Any recommended retrofitters who can do the above in the Bristol area?
Thanks in advance

ETA: Should have said full vehicle spec is here:- New Guy Here!

Last edited:
Adding a camera shouldn't be overly complex (and I couldn't live without one) but if you follow the threads around here the powerlift tailgate needs a level of commitment to get done, especially if you want OE not aftermarket.

ps what extras did you get then?
80l fuel tank
Hill Descent Control
Rear diff lock

Adding a camera shouldn't be overly complex (and I couldn't live without one) but if you follow the threads around here the powerlift tailgate needs a level of commitment to get done, especially if you want OE not aftermarket.
Thanks - hence I'd like someone (or a company) to do the powered tailgate for me!

Fuel tank great idea, wish I had that for my longggggg European journeys as the 60l annoys me and unless I go carefully means an additional stop on a 900mile journey..

I know I spoke with this firm and found them really friendly and helpful.

In Feb it was £1396 for a shuttle or £1249 for a standard kombi / panel van as it came from the factory.

80l fuel tank
Hill Descent Control
Rear diff lock
Ah so 4Motion then?

Really wanted to find a Caravelle with that (given I've driven XC70s for over a decade now) but in the end it wasn't to be.

Swap you a powered tailgate for a driven rear axle? :whistle:

I know I spoke with this firm and found them really friendly and helpful.

In Feb it was £1396 for a shuttle or £1249 for a standard kombi / panel van as it came from the factory.
Cheers for that. Sounds about the going rate.

Ah so 4Motion then?
Yep :cool: (on my non-negotiable list...!)

Swap you a powered tailgate for a driven rear axle?
If only pal, if only!!

Back