Praise The Lowered....suspension news

Hey Stranger!
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks now as I'm back in the game in regards to pimping my ride :)
I've never been happy with my suspension swap but with COVID and other personal issues I never got round to sorting it out. I've probably only done just over 5k miles since swapping it out but I'm looking to change it to something more suitable. Please don't say I told you so!
I can't even remember what suspension I took out when I came down for my visit - can you? It was on a pure grey van that you converted for a long standing customer if that helps jog your memory.
Maybe speak soon...
Cheers, D

Morning!

Long time. No problem it’s been a tricky year for all.

DM me your contact number and we can have a chat and work out a way of moving forward. I’m sure I can work out what you tested and what would work best for your van. Remind me of what you are running presently please?

Morning!

Long time. No problem it’s been a tricky year for all.

DM me your contact number and we can have a chat and work out a way of moving forward. I’m sure I can work out what you tested and what would work best for your van. Remind me of what you are running presently please?
Great thanks. I believe it was a grey van that I liked??? I took two out and one of them was definitely better than the other.
currently driving a 199ps T6.1 kombi 2wd and I believe my suspension is Koni. Lowered around circa 65mm maybe? Think it might also have some HR parts too. Can’t quite remember what was available at the time. Sorry for the lack of detailed info! I’ll message you separately or try and call you at some point. D :)

56F42EF6-EBC8-432F-971D-9E07320DEB10.jpeg

Another Transporter on our Hunter Elite.

Correct vehicle alignment is essential to ensure that your vehicle drives perfectly, and as it should do. Even new vehicles arrive with the geometry out.

With the state of our roads we recommend you check and align your suspension every six months, or after any major pothole impact.

Every suspension replacement carried out at BMVS always comes with a full Hunter alignment afterwards.

If points were awarded for the best looking suspension in the box, KWv3 would win it hands down. It’s helps that it’s also one of the top performing(and most expensive!) kits available for the Transporter.

This is a mega build T6.1 we are currently on

We run this setup on one of our demo vans if you want to try it out.

7A8E7F9B-A592-45BF-AB10-9E0EBBA4506D.jpeg

Last edited:
MARCH SPECIAL - FREE DELIVERY

For all forums members we are offering free delivery on our suspension to mainland UK, if you can’t make it to us for fitment.

@vwski did you have the H&R / Koni Coilover kit fitted? If so, I’d be interested to hear why you’re not happy with the set up.
Sorry, only just read this.
I’m not sure of the exact equipment that fitted although that does sound familiar. I’m a proper newbie with all this stuff I’m afraid! It was fitted to a T32 Kombi and was lowered around 65mm I believe. Again I’m trying to jog my brain as it was a few months ago now.
I can take a photo for you of when it was fitted if that helps? Might help clear it up.

If you are told that you don’t need your alignment checked and adjusted after suspension replacement or any other work on your suspension, then please ignore that advice and get it aligned.

This vehicle had its suspension replaced with a full coilover kit when new and was told alignment was not needed......
D268DDE1-93FB-4B4A-974C-289B26D729DA.jpeg

As you can see this was 100% the wrong advice! Tyres were wearing unevenly.

Correct alignment is essential on your vehicle. And with the state of our roads get it checked every six months, as tyres aren’t cheap.

Last edited:
We lift as well as lower.

This Caravelle 4Motionhas the Bilstein 35mm lift kit with the Eibach springs.
Another quality kit from Bilstein that really does drive very well and controlled, and not ho you would expected a taller vehicle to drive.
Swampers are becoming increasingly more popular and the suspension market is well catered for them.

99E3BA38-6B66-43D8-B80E-96E87BE42268.jpeg378A042A-9560-4064-BDD9-B1FFFE4E8559.jpeg

Another Caravelle on STX by KW this week. How good does it look in the gorgeous 18” Supermetal Rockets?

This kit really is the best setup in the price range and even competes with the more expensive ones.

After a test drive it always sells itself - whether you are a panel, kombi, Caravelle or California, this kit just works so well for all. Great control, compliance, comfort and sportiness when needed - makes your van drive like a car.

DM us for more details or give us a call

BD86D9F4-0815-46FC-885F-B603C51331DB.jpeg

Any increasingly popular option.

This 150ps panel van is running STX coilovers, fully down at the back and about 25mm lower on the front(to allow for his tools), on 17” Wheels running 225/65/17. All completed with a hunter alignment.

This setup drives so well with plenty of kerb protection from the General Grabber tyres.
C29C8BA5-9CE8-45F5-8800-C39233DF0A1B.jpeg

A few of the vehicles we’ve seen for suspension replacement and alignment this week;

T6.1 Caravelle

Bilstein B14 Komforts
Judd wheelsAE6438AB-F861-44B4-A9C1-1BE92F4EC687.jpeg

T6.1 Kombi

KW Coilovers
OZ racing wheels
(As well as full interior fit out- see our BMVS thread)
F8035704-39F7-46A1-9337-E0D58B5EFFB9.jpeg

T6.1 Campervan

STX by KW coilovers

76FEC976-D869-4084-838D-4898CD5D2027.jpeg

If you are looking to upgrade your looks and suspension give us a call or drop us a message.

We offer demo vehicles for our more popular setups so you really can try before you buy, and all our fitting comes with a hunter alignment.

Last edited:
Back