Praise The Lowered....suspension news

BognorMotors

BMVS Sport & Performance
Trade Member
T6 Legend
We are always looking at improving our range of suspension upgrades we offer.

We have been very successful with Bilstein B14's over the years and have fitted hundred of sets with lots of very happy customers. On the whole 'we all' want to upgrade to bigger wheels and run lower than springs, whilst improving the ride - this is the beauty of the coilover setup. Also very handy to level the ride, whether up or down dependant on the vehicle configuration. Bilsteins are very comfortable at full height, and at their most comfortable with an 18' wheel. When you lower them right down the ride firms up.

On my own car, 2016 Audi RS3 Stage 2, I've been through four different suspension setups from new over 3.5 years and 28k miles, which ended up on KW V3's which has literally transformed the way it drives and handles - Bearing in mind its lowered 30mm over standard on 235/35 19 tyres, its just doesn't crash at all any more - I actually removed the magride to fit it. Albeit at a cost - KW's are at the pricier end of the market, but in my view has been very worth it.

In the last few months, we have signed up to be a KW dealer, which gives us access not only to KW but also St Suspension, which is part of KW. We have also very recently signed ups to be an Eibach dealer.

Over the coming weeks/months we are planning to try all/most of their suspension offerings, to increase our product knowledge on the different systems, but look for more comfortable setups when running low and big wheels, and to give you more options when looking to upgrade your suspension.

First up this week is ST X, which is going on a 2019 T28 SWB T6 150PS Manual Highline, coupled with a set of 20" Supermetal Cells, and Sportline styling. I will run this van personally for a week or so, so it will get good use and I can compare it directly to our other suspensions set ups. I will run it 15mm off the bottom, which is how our demo is set up. Watch that thread for updates.

We will also be trying the following setups - there are certainly more offering for vans up to t30, but we will also look at the T32 options;

T26-T30
ST X
ST XA
KW V1
KW V3 - Going on our new demo
KW Street Comfort
Eibach

T32
KW V1
KW Street comfort
Eibach

Obviously where are the same style kit for both suspension variants, we will only run one. We will work out fitted prices for all and will be able to choose the right suspension set up for what you are after.

We have a customers vehicle booked in for the Eibachs next week, so this will only be a short 5 mile roadtest over our usual route, but this will give us an good idea, and we may look to put a kit on one of our vans in the future. This kit has been getting a lot of attention lately as being recognised by VW. We can supply the kit cheaper than VW though, as we deal directly with Eibach.

All this testing won't happen overnight, so please bear with us. If you are interested in one of these kits and we have yet to run it, we may be able to put a special price together, as long as we can put some miles on it to gauge some testing results/

Exciting times ahead, and in the next coupe of weeks we will be unveiling our new workshop, that is being built and aim to organise an open day, which we would love as many of you as possible to attend.

Thanks for reading :)

Will you be offering the eibach coil over ? Would like to know how it compares to the B14 as at least the eibach will still carry the Vw warranty

Yes, as above we are fitting a set for a customer this week, and will hopefully aim to get them on one of our vans soon

ST is what I’ve decided to go with when I source a van. I’ve run KW on performance cars before and I’ve also done the KW training at the factory as my mate is also a KW stockist.

The quality on KW and ST is undeniable. What I’d like to know though is how much lowering there is, particularly on 18s.

Have to agree, the ST is great, we've fitted a few Caddy sets and these are great value.

The KWV3 kit on my RS3 is a work of art, but should be for the money!

From memory is 70mm, but can double check tomorrow.

Like you, I have KW on my RS4 B8 so naturally I trust them :).

I think they’re 70mm too but will be interesting to see how that translates to the real world. Usually TÜV means they understate the drop.

31F8BBB7-F3D8-4CC5-98F4-F10ED5C2A375.jpeg D4F08BF3-6EE1-4E10-90C2-E57800EF845D.jpeg CAD2CD30-9577-4923-A38A-328506655B8B.jpeg CE02C60F-13C9-4FA0-8139-5E0B94112FA7.jpeg 2CBE1DA7-42D4-4163-B513-202D68B7FF3A.jpeg 0ED10429-317D-483B-8F6A-A797DC0EB78D.jpeg 10AD7774-E250-4378-9364-FB93BFAB63AD.jpeg 63067357-77C9-4783-9C29-231390C0092C.jpeg So today Charlie and Ryan fitted an ST X kit to a T30 SWB 150PS as part of the transformation we are carrying out. This kit lowers between 35-65mm. We’ve set the front at 15 mm from the bottom and the rear is fully down - although we think we can’t get the back done further with a bit of playing with the adjuster.

It’s not the lowest kit, but quality is good - The ST kits are constructed exactly the same way as the equivalent KW kit, so same springs, same internals, same damping rates. The difference between the 2 is KW has the stainless steel housings and the ST uses the galvanised housings.

Initial roadtest was good, but we are going to put some miles on it over the next week so so and will report back then.

Watch this space

Watching closely. The rear could do with being lower for me. The front too if I’m honest but the rear is pretty high.

Are they 20” or 19” wheels?

20” Supermetal Cells

We think we can get the rear down another 10mm or so and front 15 mm - we are having a further work out tomorrow. Obviously a Kombi would sit down more with the extra weight.

This is the first of many kits we are trying and rating.

Following with interest. Keen to hear how the Eibachs (VW approved) kit compares to B14's. Hopefully it will help my decision making process!
@Volkywagen do you have the VW approved Eibachs fitted on your Cali?

Looking forward to the V3 report :thumbsup:

They are going on our demo, so Ill be able to report back fully

24 hours into the STX coil-overs, and we are generally pleased so far. In the same way as the V3's feel on my RS3, they are firm but very compliant. They don't seem to go as low as the B14'S, but definitely smoother though road imperfections - We are direct comparing with a lower T6 on B14's though and that will have a bearing. However we think a little modification on the rear adjuster maybe able to get the back down bit. Be interesting to try them with a kombi. Feedback through the steering is good as well.

If anyone wants o have a read test on any vehicle to compare, then please give us a call and pop down, the kettle is always on

Back