OEM Webasto Auxiliary Heater To Parking Heater Upgrade

Yes, 120 minutes indeed is the maximum. A reason for the limitation might be relatively high "battery" consumption. The factory setup draws approx. 12 Amps at full power - heater itself, coolant pumps and the blower. Thus running the heater overnight most likely flattens the battery (12A x 8h = 96 Ah, which is full battery capacity).
Make sense but In my setup I have a second, EOM factory installed, leisure battery that I believe is connected to the webasto and the alternator for re-charge. Do you think is possible to increase the 120m via VCDS?

Actually the temperature can be controlled - the temperature is set by the normal Climatic heater/air conditioner dial. Also air flow direction is controlled by normal dials. Only the blower speed can't be adjusted - it runs always at speed 2. When the set temperature is reached the Webasto ramps the burner power down and can be turn it completely off from time to time.

Good to know, thanks

I think the overhead control panel in California runs the auxiliary air heater only - thus most likely those functions are not available for water heater. Also the overhead control panel is wired differently.

Thanks for sharing.

I have the same limitation on my webasto, 120 minutes max.
I have a second battery, under the driver's seat, for the webasto.
I use the webasto many times per day, every days during the winter (7 months here), in very cold conditions (-5 to -40°c here).
With my customers, sometimes I can use the webasto during 4 or 5h in the raw. To don't empty the second battery, I have to manually set the temperature at the minimum -18°c) and the air blow at the minimum. Like that, The battery last at least 4h. I installed myself insulation in the car, and double glazing window, so it's easier to warm the car and keep it warm, so it uses less energy from the websato).

If anyone knows how to set the default temperature (18°c instead 22°) and the level of air blowing when the webasto starts, you can save me :D (pleaseeee)
Like I mentioned, I start de webasto many times per day, during 7 months. I always have to manually change the temp and blow. So if I can change defaults settings, I will not have any-more to do it manually...

second, EOM factory installed, leisure battery that I believe is connected to the webasto
Now that's interesting...
(1) What's the actual build date of your van (or when it was delivered) - just asking because that vans built November-2017 onwards have Webasto wired into starter battery eek.gif
(2) What's your starter battery size 68/75 Ah or 92 Ah?
(3) Do you have an additional cigarette lighter socket on top of the dash (it's wired into second battery, would be easy to verify whether Webasto runs from the second battery)?

Do you think is possible to increase the 120m via VCDS?
Not sure - in controller 18-Aux.heater (not the overhead panel) there seems to be two adaptation channel which seemingly relate to some timer. However, I have never tried wheher they would affect to this.
  • IDE07160-MAS04357 Control module switch off time 1 - which shows on mine 140 mins.
  • IDE07160-MAS04358 Control module switch off time 2 - which shows on mine 20 mins.

(3) Do you have an additional cigarette lighter socket on top of the dash (it's wired into second battery, would be easy to verify whether Webasto runs from the second battery)?
@mmi Does the dash top cigarette lighter socket only come with the installation of a second battery? I have a 2019 Kombi with this, but don't think I have a second battery.

@mmi Does the dash top cigarette lighter socket only come with the installation of a second battery? I have a 2019 Kombi with this, but don't think I have a second battery.
Dash top cigarette lighter socket is not tied to second battery - except that he socket is powered from second battery (via fuse under left seat) when there's one from the factory.

Without second battery it's powered from starter battery.

More details (fuse locations) here ==>

Hi. Working on converting webasto on T6.1 2021 to parking heater. I got no control module on the roof. Will instructions from this thread work for T6.1, or it only works for T6? I was trying to start webasto with Multicontrol module by connecting it to the green/white wire. Any chances it will work after flashing ?

I have the same limitation on my webasto, 120 minutes max.
I have a second battery, under the driver's seat, for the webasto.
I use the webasto many times per day, every days during the winter (7 months here), in very cold conditions (-5 to -40°c here).
With my customers, sometimes I can use the webasto during 4 or 5h in the raw. To don't empty the second battery, I have to manually set the temperature at the minimum -18°c) and the air blow at the minimum. Like that, The battery last at least 4h. I installed myself insulation in the car, and double glazing window, so it's easier to warm the car and keep it warm, so it uses less energy from the websato).

If anyone knows how to set the default temperature (18°c instead 22°) and the level of air blowing when the webasto starts, you can save me :D (pleaseeee)
Like I mentioned, I start de webasto many times per day, during 7 months. I always have to manually change the temp and blow. So if I can change defaults settings, I will not have any-more to do it manually...
@Jey I was once in Kilpisjärvi at "-37" showing in my car. I can not imagine anyone surviving with just Webasto Thermo Top Evo if staying for long time in the car. You're better off by installing the auxhiliary air heater.

I might have missed it in this thread, can anyone advise on the right location of the antenna module?
My telestart module was installed by the prev owner (under the seat) which is a wrong location. The antennae is just right next to it. My remote range is about 200m and I think this is due to the antennae being stuck inside the metal seat console.
Any advice?

Last edited:
I might have missed it in this thread, can anyone advise on the right location of the antenna module?
My telestart module was installed by the prev owner (under the seat) which is a wrong location. The antennae is just right next to it. My remote range is about 200m and I think this is due to the antennae being suck inside the metal seat console.
Any advice?
I think VW has done fairly good decision locating the antenna high up in left door (LHD), effectively just behind door glass. Mine has heated windscreen which probably would block radio communication if installed in the dash.
View attachment 92451

Hi,

Is there any way to find out if a particular VW Webasto is LIN , W-Bus , or STH ?

What is STH by the way ??

I have a Thermo Top EVO gasoline VW 3Q0815005AA and ETKA for the donor vehicle seems to list all 3 methods as options ???
erWin just says CTRL

Any help gratefully accepted

In case anyone is interested, control modules below should all be compatible:
7E5919037D, 7E5919037F & 7E5919037H
In the previous messages there was a report that one of the modules didn't work as expected but I think this might have been due to the faulty unit.

Even though I won't be using the overhead controller I couldn't handle this DTC anymore and I had to buy it :whistle:

View attachment 145320
View attachment 145319
Installation has been completed :)

Couple of things to mention.

1. Language selection is done via MFD settings menu(credit to @mmi :waving:)
IMG-20230611-WA0003.jpeg20230611_140403.jpg

By adjusting the coding of 6E from 000103 to 000203 the display shows the day of the week in standby mode in addition to the date or time.
20230611_200533.jpg

Hi. Working on converting webasto on T6.1 2021 to parking heater. I got no control module on the roof. Will instructions from this thread work for T6.1, or it only works for T6? I was trying to start webasto with Multicontrol module by connecting it to the green/white wire. Any chances it will work after flashing ?
Hello. I am also interested in this… anybody??

do we need telesat module or is it possible with only multicontrol…

thx

Hello. I am also interested in this… anybody??

do we need telesat module or is it possible with only multicontrol…

thx
In my opinion Multicontrol should work out of the box regardless of whether this is T5, T6 or T6.1. It should work even without reflashing.

You need to find the w-bus wire. I don't have a T6.1 so I can't say where it is. On T6 it's a green-white on the red connector.
Can you please post photo of your Webasto sticker on the door + photo of the connectors under the seat?

In my opinion Multicontrol should work out of the box regardless of whether this is T5, T6 or T6.1. It should work even without reflashing.

You need to find the w-bus wire. I don't have a T6.1 so I can't say where it is. On T6 it's a green-white on the red connector.
Can you please post photo of your Webasto sticker on the door + photo of the connectors under the seat?
I took few photos…

The loom with red connector comes trough the floor.

Which wires does Multicontol have?

Thx

IMG_4113.jpeg

IMG_4107.jpeg

IMG_4109.jpeg

IMG_4112.jpeg

@ZimaSpartan did you already buy the Multicontrol? If not, go and get it and you will receive the installation manual in the package.
Anyway, here's the answer:
From your photos, it seems T6 and T6.1 both use Thermo Top Evo. The red connector on your photo also has a green-white wire (pin 1).
So you should be good to go with Multicontrol.

The pinout from multicontrol connector is described here on page 15. Basically, you need to connect yellow wire (pin 1 square connector) to green-white wire (pin 1) on red connector under the seat.
Besides this you will need power and ground. For ground there is a bolt under the seat where all wires come out. For power - tap into existing connection under the seat (and put a fuse inbetween!).

I suspect just like with Telestart coding will be required to get the aircon to switch on. Engine should warm up without coding. Anyone knows?

Post here once you get it done. It should be a straightforward install.

Last edited:
Hi,

i´ve vcp, odis s and e and vcds.

Today i flash my aux. heater from Version 7E0 963 273 A to 7E0 963 272 B. In the database from VW i found also a version 7E0 963 272 C.
Do you have any idea, what the different is?
C apparently allows to preselect heating temperature and also brings W-BUS compatibility.

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to retrofit an heater using the California roof panel?

I've converted a Kombi to California beach and now I want to install the heater aswell

Cheers

Back