OEM Headunit Problems [Merge]

Hi just bought a 2017 t6 sport line trying to use the touch screen on the radio to put in an address but some letters work some don’t screen not very responsive any ideas please is it faulty ??
I had this - @Ianidor fixed a faulty screen for me. Seems to be common issue, hence me moving your post to this thread.

Oh and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Hiya all

Picked up a new to me T6 today that was advertised on here, It has discovery media but the screen is non responsive on touch screen, you can use the dial but cant get into android auto as need to press the middle of the screen.

Not got the funds to change over to another unit so a bit gutted really as it wasn't mentioned to be not working or it could just be a bit of bad luck of it failing today.

I've reset it via the volume knob and it makes no difference.

Is there a workaround for Android Auto anyone know?

Thanks

I can replace the screen for £275. I can do do it by mail service. Drop me a PM if you like

Hiya all

Picked up a new to me T6 today that was advertised on here, It has discovery media but the screen is non responsive on touch screen, you can use the dial but cant get into android auto as need to press the middle of the screen.

Not got the funds to change over to another unit so a bit gutted really as it wasn't mentioned to be not working or it could just be a bit of bad luck of it failing today.

I've reset it via the volume knob and it makes no difference.

Is there a workaround for Android Auto anyone know?

Thanks
Have you spoken to the seller?

Yes mate, he's as confused as me about it, he has never had any problems but didn't use it much, trying to eliminate if it may be cleaning products from when he cleaned it for the pics.

He isn't the kind of guy to not say, I think its either the products or really bad timing!

Glad that worked for you, I just had the diagnostic done at Sinclair Cardiff for £90, they thought the update had worked and it hasn’t. Over £2.5k for a new head unit...
Think I’m going to move to an after market unit as well as speaker upgrades and soundproofing, all for about the same price as the VW replacement head...
Hi I have the exact same problem what did you end up doing if you bought an after market are you pleased

I had this problem on my California.
Since i didn't find much detail online on how to fix the touchscreen, i made some video notes here:
Like all things, It's not that complicated once you know how.

The touch sensor costs about €15 shipped from China in about a month.
TDO-WVGA0633F00039 or TDO-WVGA0633F00045. (They are both the same part i believe.)

I thought i was going to have to try and un-stick the broken touch sensor from the LCD screen. They are glued together.
The thing that made the job much easier than i thought it was going to be is finding out how thin the touch sensor is.
But when the new sensor arrived, it was only about ~1mm thick so i just placed it over the top of the broken one without removing the old one.
The main head unit case is forgiving enough to take up the extra thickness.

Hope this helps someone.

Since i didn't find much detail online on how to fix the touchscreen, i made some video notes here:

TDO-WVGA0633F00039 or TDO-WVGA0633F00045. (They are both the same part i believe.)

I thought i was going to have to try and un-stick the broken touch sensor from the LCD screen. They are glued together.
The thing that made the job much easier than i thought it was going to be is finding out how thin the touch sensor is.
But when the new sensor arrived, it was only about ~1mm thick so i just placed it over the top of the broken one without removing the old one.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks Dunk,

The digitizer is selling for £25.13 on ebay and the seller is in London. Your vid has convinced me to do it the same way so will give it a go next week. Thanks for the vid and guide, really appreciated.

Cheers Neil

Hi
Can anyone help with my 2018 highline with the standard smaller touch screen head unit. It’s starting phoning my contacts randomly each time I’m out in the van.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Most likely faulty digitiser on the screen. I believe there are repair services available for this, maybe Google?

Hi
Can anyone help with my 2018 highline with the standard smaller touch screen head unit. It’s starting phoning my contacts randomly each time I’m out in the van.
Where is your phone when this happens?

it could be anywhere around the dash, door pockets etc. When I went out to the van last night the bottom left hand corner wasn’t allowing me to press any buttons then started working 5 minutes later.

Hope this helps someone.
I have the same issue with my display. I cannot find a replacement touchscreen online. where are you finding the part number?

Have had a problem for a few months where my satnav is not storing destinations/favourites. Any destination I input disappears after the car is switched off (ie when i stop for petrol). Been in twice now but not sorted. Going in again later this month. Anybody else had this? Software reloads have not fixed it so i’m suspecting a hardware problem.

Hope this helps someone.
Finally got around to fitting the new touchscreen as per Dunk's instructions and it works perfectly now. Thanks alot Dunk; much appreciated and you saved me around £300!

Last edited:
For anyone thinking of replacing the digitiser, your replacement will have double sided tape around the edge, the existing one is fully bonded to the LCD screen. You can't remove it and trying to do so will break the LCD. I know :cry: s o do as @dunk says and lay the new one over the top of the old one.

/goes off to buy complete LCD and digitiser assembly......

So this weekend, I noticed the left hand inch of my screen no longer responds to touch...
Might leave until the all-in one service and see if gets done under the warranty???

For anyone thinking of replacing the digitiser, your replacement will have double sided tape around the edge, the existing one is fully bonded to the LCD screen. You can't remove it and trying to do so will break the LCD. I know :cry: s o do as @dunk says and lay the new one over the top of the old one.

/goes off to buy complete LCD and digitiser assembly......
I am due to do it for a friend of mine, I have all required gear already.
I shall see how it goes.
IMG-20230313-WA0001.jpg

Back