Just out of curiosity, what is it that actually fails in the head unit? Mine’s going the same way, but luckily still under warranty.
I wish I could remember the faulty part name but I cannot. I do remember it seems to be the same part in most cases. If you had asked me back when I had the repairs carried I could have told you. Sorry I couldn't help on this occasion.

Thank you that’s really helpful.
Mine sounds exactly like yours - radio stations jumping around (it chooses what I listen to now!), touch screen not working, maps zooming in and out. I will definitely give him a call as it’s very encouraging that it’s worked for you. Thanks for the reply
Ian is a very easy man to speak to and will give you all the information you require, he is also VW owner. Good luck.

Did you get this fixed, my 2017 is similar, just acting up and freezing here and there?
After getting no luck through the VW warranty with my Discover Media unit playing up (see here), I sent my old unit to Ingleby Electronics (Ian Dorrington @Ianidor ) who diagnosed the CPU was faulty and unstable so couldn't be fixed.
He sourced me a complete replacement unit for less than half the price from VW with a 12 month guarantee.

100% recommend speaking with Ian as he is really really helpful and will be able to resolve the issue you have one way or another.

Like many, the touch screen on the head unit in our van has never been great and recently started to become unusably bad. Replacement from VW is crazy expensive (~£700 I believe) but I used a place call Ingleby Electronics to get the existing one fixed.

Service and comms were superb. Removed and shipped the head unit to them on a Thursday and had it back all repaired the following Tuesday. Including postage this cost £295 and didn't required booking the van into a garage and all that hassle.

I know other people on the forum have already given them a shout out but just wanted to add this post to recommend them.

After reading about the "common" faults with head unit like I had, I whipped it out and posted it to Ian. I sent an email just to check it had arrived ok... the response was it not only had arrived, been diagnosed and fixed but here's your tracking number and it's heading back!! £275 compared to £800+ and less then a week turnaround I can't praise them enough!

Back