OEM Headunit Problems [Merge]

jzd7tcm

T6 Pro
Today the discover media system rebooted 3 or 4 times within about 20 mins of driving. At the time the nav was displaying and sd card music playing. Thought it might have been a corrupt music file but I couldn't repeat the problem so ruled that out and It hasn't done it again?? Anyone experienced this or know what's going on.
Thanks
Tim

I have a 2015 T6 with the standard headunit in..
Is the mode called the composition?
Anyway it keeps switching on and off constantly. Was there a fault with this years units?

Yes this seems to be a recurring issue with some headunits
I think the VW fix is/was to replace the unit ??

Hello, has anybody had problems with the discovery satnav head unit? mines keeps changing station, buttons are frozen and the Bluetooth doesn't connect automatically like it used to. I've got it booked in at the vw garage to get a software update(£96) as they think that wil solve the problem.
Van is a 2016 T32 4motion highline.

You tried a reset?

Press and hold left rotory button until you get the boot logo?

Yes, I've tried this but it hasn't helped. When I google it there seems to be a lot of problems with them in golfs etc but don't see anything about transporters.

Can you give us some more details of the issues.

And a few screen pics of your current software, firmware, hardware version.

Also have u tried the factory reset in the menu?

20191104_062246.jpg

Hello, I can't upload pictures of my phone, all the buttons and touchscreen aren't working now so i can't check what software it's running. When the radio is playing it keeps changing station by it's self, I can change it using the steering wheel controls but after a couple of minutes it starts changing again. The other thing i have noticed is my phone dosen't connect unless i switch the bluetooth on, before the phone would automatically switch it on when i got in the van.

Tried the ecu power reset this morning, made no difference to the head unit, all the buttons don't work and it keeps flipping between stations.
Just need to wiat to see if the dealer can fix it.

Nightmare, thanks for the update.

Keep us posted with the progress.

Had my van in at VW today for a software update, this hasn't fixed my head unit and have been advised that the screen needs a clean as they think static is the problem.
Looks like I need a new head unit, i'm not paying VW £1600 +vat + fitting for the same head unit, what's my best options for upgrading?

Had my van in at VW today for a software update, this hasn't fixed my head unit and have been advised that the screen needs a clean as they think static is the problem.
Looks like I need a new head unit, I'm not paying VW £1600 +vat + fitting for the same head unit, what's my best options for upgrading?
Jesus Christ ! is that what they charge ??? well I've just fitted a Kenwood unit in my t6 it was easy-ish and in comparison far cheaper

Looks like I need a new head unit, i'm not paying VW £1600 +vat + fitting for the same head unit, what's my best options for upgrading?
£1600 plus vat...ouch

We can sort you out a far superior head unit for a lot less...

Hello, could you send me some prices for everything to fit a new head unit, my van has just got rear parking sensors.
I would like all the vw functions to work, steering wheel controls, separate USB and dash instructions.
Not sure if I want satnav, could use CarPlay for that as it's not used very often.
Thanks

Can anyone please help me? The Discover media system in my 66 T6 has developed a fault, the Welcome to Volkswagen screen message is displayed but unit doesn’t start up, the message will stay on screen for a while then shut down and restart again with same message.
I have tried to reboot system by holding l/h button down but it’s still the same, also disconnected battery but still no luck.
Van is just out of warranty so hoping I can get it sorted without a trip to main dealer.

Have heard of the reboot fault before but it was a newer vehicle and the headunit was replaced under warranty to rectify it

Back