OEM Headunit Problems [Merge]

Looking to repair my composition media unit in my t6 that has the digitiser fault. Is the digitiser unit the same as the discovery media linked above so that would work in mine?

I don’t have access to a UV glue/lamp setup - is that going to cause me an issue ?
Just use the 3M tape already applied. I had no issues when fitting and works perfectly.

Hi all , which Digitizer do i need for Discover Media ? want to make sure I don't order the wrong one unless it is the same as Composition media ?

Looking to repair my composition media unit in my t6 that has the digitiser fault. Is the digitiser unit the same as the discovery media linked above so that would work in mine?

I don’t have access to a UV glue/lamp setup - is that going to cause me an issue ?
Both large screen headunits use the same screen, I swapped a screen from a composition media and put it in a discover media and was fine

Both large screen headunits use the same screen, I swapped a screen from a composition media and put it in a discover media and was fine
As previously mentioned a screen listed with the following serial numbers will fit.
WVGA0633F00039
WVGA0633F00045

Just a quick thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

I had what I understand from here to be a faulty digitiser.

Found the part on eBay from a link in this thread and a great "how to" vid.

Just fitted the new part and am happy to say it now works great.

Things I learnt

1) most stressful part was taking the dash trim off
2) A computer repair toolkit (I have an iFixit kit I use for laptops) is really useful. Some of the torx screws are pretty small.
3) popping the SD card readers out made it easier

All in all it took about an hour

Many thanks again to all

How do I get the front fascia off from the pcb? Seems wedged and no screws I can see...

16860510046773784481386980318867.jpg

How do I get the front fascia off from the pcb? Seems wedged and no screws I can see...

View attachment 201485
There are the two SD card holders that come out you will see to plastic clips on the side, and if you have a little plastic tool to just separate the connectors on these.
Also use a little plastic tool to pry up the corners where the external round control buttons are and they should pop off from the other side.

Other thing I did was put electrical tape on the inside of the metal case where the digitiser connector comes out. I did this as the new one didn't seem to have as much insulation as the old one. Maybe overkill

Looking to do this repair for a mate, could someone confirm this works for the model below, I don’t currently have access to his van so can’t get a model number, tia

AF02A0D5-676C-447E-B652-5B30E7D81CEA.png

Back