Hi everyone, those that have fitted the 3 + 1s could you possibly stick a tape measure against them and measure from the left hand sliding door to the far right of the middle seat? I want to see if I can fit extra seating in the camper and it hinges on being able to keep the existing units.

Thanks
Al

Hi everyone, those that have fitted the 3 + 1s could you possibly stick a tape measure against them and measure from the left hand sliding door to the far right of the middle seat? I want to see if I can fit extra seating in the camper and it hinges on being able to keep the existing units.

Thanks
Al

I guess there'll be a bit of variation in the measurement depending on how accurate the installation and what sliding door furniture is attached.

I get 1150mm from the inside of the NS slider (with 6mm ply panel) to the far side of the plastic mechanism cover on the single middle seat. Photo demonstrates it better....

20211224_172858.jpg
20211224_172943.jpg

I guess there'll be a bit of variation in the measurement depending on how accurate the installation and what sliding door furniture is attached.

I get 1150mm from the inside of the NS slider (with 6mm ply panel) to the far side of the plastic mechanism cover on the single middle seat. Photo demonstrates it better....

View attachment 139651
View attachment 139652
Thanks Foggy, that’s perfect for now just to see if the concept works. Think it will probably clash with the fridge but only one way to find out.

Got the seat brackets in .
Didn’t need to remove fuel tank in it’s entirety.
I proped up the filler end on a plank of wood and blocks , then used a Jack to lower the tank from the middle , I managed to get all brackets secured with tank only lowered at one end ,
good to know !

@Red lupo gti Probably only VW or a breaker but they're usually pretty installed on the seatbelt.

Not sure how easily the T6 second row belt can be unwound and detached in order to thread them over the belt.

@foggy3061 i recently bought a 2nd row kit from a guy based in Coventry (van leisure) and it didn’t come with any guides. The piece that clips or bolts onto the ply lining bit.
I can’t be bothered to go back to the guy as I had some hassle with him.
Looks like I will be calling TPS on Monday.

If you find out what the part number is would you please share it on here as I've been through the box of parts I have and I can't find one.

Cheers

@foggy3061 i recently bought a 2nd row kit from a guy based in Coventry (van leisure) and it didn’t come with any guides. The piece that clips or bolts onto the ply lining bit.
I can’t be bothered to go back to the guy as I had some hassle with him.
Looks like I will be calling TPS on Monday.

Fair enough. There are lots of sellers pedalling Shuttle seatbelts as Kombi belts - so people end up with no guides and top mounts that don't swivel.

Fair enough. There are lots of sellers pedalling Shuttle seatbelts as Kombi belts - so people end up with no guides and top mounts that don't swivel.
I ended up with a shuttle kit
I will be changing the top mounts to golf ones. Just need the guides.

If you find out what the part number is would you please share it on here as I've been through the box of parts I have and I can't find one.

Cheers
Looks like it could be: 703 857 747 01C

T5 rear seat belt guides

Also, that chap appears to have cut a slot in the top bar behind the belt in order to make fitting them easier.

I ended up with a shuttle kit
I will be changing the top mounts to golf ones. Just need the guides.
MK4 golf, some polo and lupo all have the suitable rear top mount you're after.

Luckily they can be threaded over the buckle and onto the belt. I've done a few for friends - who were also sold Shuttle belts as Kombi belts.

MK4 golf, some polo and lupo all have the suitable rear top mount you're after.

Luckily they can be threaded over the buckle and onto the belt. I've done a few for friends - who were also sold Shuttle belts as Kombi belts.
Thanks for your help @foggy3061

Just purchased 2 guides.

Off to the breakers tomorrow to find a golf!

Hi all, just fitting the 2nd row seatbelt and come across an issue, the top mounting bolt (supplied) doesn't look right, the shoulder is way too small and any attempt to tighten would crush the plastic insert.

Can someone confirm this

Cheers

20220123_110711.jpg

20220123_110732.jpg

20220123_110751.jpg

Back